Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Icey on the Emmys?  (Read 3033 times)

Sonic Whammy

Icey on the Emmys?
« on: September 21, 2003, 11:20:02 PM »
Hey guys.

Yeah, was flipping to the Emmys every now and again throughout the night tonight. And I was surprised to see Icey show up TWICE during the broadcast on stage with Brad Garrett and Ted Danson. Don't know why she was up with Danson (just caught that in passing), but the bit with Garrett and the \"Loser's Emmy Basket\" was interesting enough. And thankfully, the only time she was able to speak during that bit was just to give cute talk to a super cute kitty that was part of the basket.

Definitely interesting to see Icey show up overall. Who says working on GSN doesn't get you a chance at the big spotlight?

If you call this the big spotlight...

Stay Way Past Cool!
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Matt Ottinger

Icey on the Emmys?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 01:43:32 AM »
If that was her (and it did look like her) she was actually on just about the entire show.  She was the one bringing people their trophies and making sure they got off the stage OK.  The skit with Brad Garrett was a bonus.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

davemackey

Icey on the Emmys?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 06:05:25 AM »
I saw her too, with Brad Garrett. And my first thought was, \"Hey, that's Icey. Sweet!\"

Robair

Icey on the Emmys?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 06:42:17 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 05:05 AM\'] I saw her too, with Brad Garrett. And my first thought was, "Hey, that's Icey. Sweet!" [/quote]
 GSN was also represented at the Emmys by \"Who Wants To Be Governor of California\" contestants Mary Carey and Gary Coleman. If you didn't catch the E! Red Carpet show, Robin Williams came on and did a bit about Arnold and Gary running for governor.
--Robair

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Icey on the Emmys?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 12:24:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 05:42 AM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 05:05 AM\'] I saw her too, with Brad Garrett. And my first thought was, "Hey, that's Icey. Sweet!" [/quote]
GSN was also represented at the Emmys by "Who Wants To Be Governor of California" contestants Mary Carey and Gary Coleman. If you didn't catch the E! Red Carpet show, Robin Williams came on and did a bit about Arnold and Gary running for governor. [/quote]
 Not to mention LINGO's announcer, Randi Thomas (or is that with a \"y\"--I get so confused), who was the announcer for the Emmys.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

inturnaround

Icey on the Emmys?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 01:33:09 PM »
I, of course, can't listen to her without fondly remembering her telling us to call 1-800-ABCDEFG to get Hooked on Phonics.

Worked for me!

She's also worked the Oscars and Kids Say the Darndest Things.

(Edited because I was wrong about her name. Mea culpa!)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 04:34:48 PM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

davemackey

Icey on the Emmys?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 03:45:49 PM »
No, it is definitely Randy. Try

www.randithomasvo.com

then try

www.randythomasvo.com

and see which one works!

And then read the press release that said she was announcing the Emmys!

http://www.randythomasvo.com/cred/emmyspress.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 03:47:30 PM by davemackey »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Icey on the Emmys?
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 03:57:53 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 02:45 PM\']No, it is definitely Randy. Try

www.randithomasvo.com

then try

www.randythomasvo.com

and see which one works!

And then read the press release that said she was announcing the Emmys!

http://www.randythomasvo.com/cred/emmyspress.html[/quote]
Well, at least I'm keeping my perfect record alive of posts with at least one screwup.  But I got a note.

BAD
WELCOME
BACK
KOTTER
REFERENCE
FORTHCOMING

YOU'VE
BEEN
WARNED!  :)

Dear Mr. Kot-ter,

Please excuse Doug for screwing up the spelling of Randy Thomas' name, but a previous post to Usenet from a certain Mr. Randy West spelled her name with an \"I\" (and I figured, if anyone oughta know, 'twould be him).

Signed,

Doug's Mother
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 03:58:31 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)