Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How's your fall schedule stacking up?  (Read 72877 times)

Casey Buck

How's your fall schedule stacking up?
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »
[quote name=\'sotcfan2004\' post=\'160934\' date=\'Aug 16 2007, 08:28 PM\'][quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'160913\' date=\'Aug 16 2007, 08:16 PM\'][quote name=\'sotcfan2004\' post=\'160909\' date=\'Aug 16 2007, 09:03 PM\']KOIN 6 (CBS)

2:07am!! Family Feud (back to back)
[/quote]OUCH!! I've heard theories that some syndicators give deals on shows cleared in the middle of the night mainly for the sake of the additional coverage for national advertisers. Would Debmar-Mercury be in this boat?
[/quote] Not sure.  Earlier this year, Feud was on KOIN 6 back to back at 9am.  This change is a month or two old.
[/quote]
Feud has shuffled back and forth between various stations and time slots here in Portland since it began. It has been on KGW, then KOIN, then KPDX, and I think KPTV. Kinda disappointing that KOIN has buried Feud in the middle of the night, though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:18:21 PM by Casey Buck »

Sodboy13

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »
Of course, here in Chicago, Feud gets a different variety of death slot: a double-run at 10am, right up against Price.  Because it's crucial to have some pseudo-court show starring Kato Kaelin on at 9.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

beatlefreak84

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2007, 12:37:33 AM »
Of course, here in Chicago, Feud gets a different variety of death slot: a double-run at 10am, right up against Price. Because it's crucial to have some pseudo-court show starring Kato Kaelin on at 9.

Hey; don't forget that crucial block of Cheaters reruns at 11...;)

/definitely a guilty pleasure of mine...I'm so going to hell for it, though...;)
//that and To Catch a Predator

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

dzinkin

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2007, 01:03:26 AM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'161060\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 12:37 AM\']
[//that and To Catch a Predator
[/quote]
That's a game show now?  Cool!

/retitled "The $100,000 Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There" ;-)

BrandonFG

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2007, 01:18:49 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'161063\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 01:03 AM\']
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'161060\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 12:37 AM\']
[//that and To Catch a Predator
[/quote]
That's a game show now?  Cool!

/retitled "The $100,000 Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There" ;-)
[/quote]
It's the basis for FOX's new lie detector game show...

CHRIS HANSON: How old is this girl?
BigWillie4U81: Uh, uh...17.

{buzz}
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2007, 06:09:34 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'161065\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 01:18 AM\']

{buzz}
[/quote]
I LOL'ed loud enough in the newsroom to garner looks. Well done!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JVatPSU

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2007, 09:38:51 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'161065\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 01:18 AM\']

{buzz}
[/quote]

Some departing contestants will receive cookies, lemonade, a tackle to the ground, and bail set to $30,000.

BrandonFG

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'161071\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 06:09 AM\']
I LOL'ed loud enough in the newsroom to garner looks. Well done!
[/quote]
A thank yew, sir. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2007, 08:57:54 PM »
Since the topic has sort of been brought up--is there any relatively recent source for stations that will be airing Temptation and/or Merv's Crosswords?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

mcsittel

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2007, 11:04:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'161187\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 07:57 PM\']
Since the topic has sort of been brought up--is there any relatively recent source for stations that will be airing Temptation and/or Merv's Crosswords?
[/quote]

I haven't seen one for either show.  I'm waiting until August 27 when zap2it.com and tvguide.com will have September 10 in range of their 2 week advance schedules and can go digging through markets of interest on my own.

Who among us remembers going to the library and looking at "Broadcasting & Cable" for the syndicated show ads with all the affiliates listed on them?  Sigh.  I've got some old issues around here somewhere with those ads.  Is that even available nowadays at "finer newsstands"?  Only place I ever bought it was "The News Room" on Pennsylvania Ave. in DC.

aaron sica

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:17 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'161194\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 11:04 PM\']
Who among us remembers going to the library and looking at "Broadcasting & Cable" for the syndicated show ads with all the affiliates listed on them?  Sigh.  I've got some old issues around here somewhere with those ads.  Is that even available nowadays at "finer newsstands"?  Only place I ever bought it was "The News Room" on Pennsylvania Ave. in DC.
[/quote]

I do, I do!! Used to love doing that...That was my source for all things TV-related (TV Guide notwithstanding) before the internet...

dzinkin

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2007, 11:43:45 PM »
[/quote]
We have one store here, World Wide News, that occasionally carries B&C.  Beyond that, I've found it reliably at a newsstand in the lower level of Rockefeller Center in NYC and both newsstands in Harvard Square during trips to Boston.  I subscribed for a while because they have a student subscription rate that's considerably lower than even the normal discounts, but it's gotten thinner over the years so I couldn't justify it even for the student price -- and now that I'm a few weeks away from losing my student status, I wouldn't qualify any longer anyway.

Pretty much all of B&C -- and its competitor TV Week (which was, IMO, better when it was Electronic Media) -- is available online now for free, but you don't get the ads that way. :-(

BrandonFG

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2007, 03:19:57 AM »
[/quote]
Interesting now that you mention it. The only time I ever see B&C is when they deliver copies to our newsroom. FWIW, last spring, when "Crosswords" was still going by its first title, they printed up the then-current affiliate list.

mcsittel

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2007, 09:11:15 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'161197\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 10:32 PM\']
[/quote]

I do, I do!! Used to love doing that...That was my source for all things TV-related (TV Guide notwithstanding) before the internet...
[/quote]

Did you flip to Friday when each new issue arrived to look for the [Last show of the series.] on game shows?  I'll pick up a Fall Preview TV Guide next month for novelty's sake (this will make 40 years of consecutive Fall Previews in my collection), but it won't replace the joy of heading to the store on a Monday to buy the Fall Preview, admiring the artwork on the cover (back when they had it), and then sitting down to see how syndication had affected your local and adjacent markets.  And the ads for new shows with station logos on them... and the staples in the middle... sigh.

tvwxman

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'161226\' date=\'Aug 19 2007, 09:11 AM\']
Did you flip to Friday when each new issue arrived to look for the [Last show of the series.] on game shows?  I'll pick up a Fall Preview TV Guide next month for novelty's sake (this will make 40 years of consecutive Fall Previews in my collection), but it won't replace the joy of heading to the store on a Monday to buy the Fall Preview, admiring the artwork on the cover (back when they had it), and then sitting down to see how syndication had affected your local and adjacent markets.  And the ads for new shows with station logos on them... and the staples in the middle... sigh.
[/quote]
The good ol' days of youth.

I've gotten rid of most of my tv guide collection, but i won't part with the Fall Previews. I too stopped with the relaunch a few years ago.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"