Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show day, of sorts, in Rochester  (Read 2973 times)

dzinkin

Game show day, of sorts, in Rochester
« on: September 19, 2003, 10:53:24 PM »
On Saturday, October 11th, the Rochester Institute of Technology -- where I'm currently pursuing a master's degree in information technology -- will play host to three personalities with game show connections.  At 2:30 pm, Win Ben Stein's Money host Ben Stein will give a lecture as part of the RIT student government's Horton Speaker Series; two Whose Line Is It Anyway? comedians, Brad Sherwood (who also hosted some warped thing Sony tried to pass off as The Dating Game for a year) and Colin Mochrie, will do a performance at 8 pm the same day.

If you live in the Rochester area or plan to be there that day, you can get tickets by calling (585) 475-2239.  Tickets for the Ben Stein lecture cost $3 for RIT students and $8 for everyone else; tickets for Brad and Colin are $10 for RIT students and $15 for everyone else.  Both events are at Clark Gym.

- David

DrBear

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 11:09:11 PM »
And before somebody nitpicks that Colin Mochrie has no game show connections, he HAS appeared on Pyramid...and Sherwood was an occasional panelist on TTTT2K.

Wish I could be there...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 11:23:48 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Sep 19 2003, 10:09 PM\'] Sherwood was an occasional panelist on TTTT2K.

[/quote]
 And Sherwood also hosted ABC's weekly short lived quasi-game show The Big Moment in Spring 1999

ChuckNet

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 08:24:45 PM »
And before somebody nitpicks that Colin Mochrie has no game show connections, he HAS appeared on Pyramid.

He also did 2 Minute Drill, as well.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 10:13:52 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Sep 19 2003, 10:09 PM\'] And before somebody nitpicks that Colin Mochrie has no game show connections, he HAS appeared on Pyramid...and Sherwood was an occasional panelist on TTTT2K.

Wish I could be there... [/quote]
 Hollywood Squares as well.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

CarbonCpy

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 12:52:04 AM »
Dave, we demand pictures. ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 12:53:19 AM by CarbonCpy »