Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings rookie card in Topps release  (Read 3646 times)

JenKennings

Ken Jennings rookie card in Topps release
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 12:30:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'159578\' date=\'Aug 4 2007, 03:15 PM\']
As dedicated fans of his blog know (cough cough), Ken moved to Seattle a bit after all of his J! appearances. He may have lived there in the past--I know his father lives there, at least going by his moniker on the J! boards.
[/quote]

Correct..."Salt Lake City-area software engineer" would have been more accurate.  Wow, just think how much these rare "error" cards will be worth!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 11:11:21 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'159572\' date=\'Aug 4 2007, 01:32 PM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'159559\' date=\'Aug 4 2007, 11:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'Rastaub\' post=\'159558\' date=\'Aug 4 2007, 11:31 AM\']Not having been into sports cards for a while, I do recall seeing small pieces of "game worn" jerseys attached to cards[/quote]*snicker* That describes almost every product nowadays--a combination of 2 to 6 autographed cards or memorabilia (game used jersey, bat, shoe, ball, helmet, or glove swatches) per box, if not a signed card or memorabilia card per pack. [/quote] I'm guessing that's how the justify the high price a pack of cards goes for now?[/quote]
I think there are still places (card shows) where I can find non-grab bags for under $2.  It's been awhile since I've been able to look though.

/If I could only find the card shows in Pittsburgh
ObTradingCard: Many moons ago, my dad worked for Fleer.  He got paid in bubble gum and Marvel Superhero cards (and money, presumably).
This signature is currently under construction.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »
Calling Fred W! Calling Fred W!
Here's your chance to make more big money by taking all your promotional and candid stills and create a line of game show trading cards....a 1950 to 1960 batch of "Vintage" portraits, Rookie cards (Wink on "What's That Song?", other hosts' first shows), a 1960s set, 70s, 80s, and so on - hosts, sets, producers (with Enright's card equating him with the Black Sox scandal..."Say it ain't so, Dan..."), key people like announcers, designers, "Theme composer Hall of Fame"...jeez...it's nearly endless. And make sure there's a Malcolm card in the batch....   :-)

Of course.....do you think anybody would want to collect them??
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 05:11:45 PM by The Ol' Guy »