Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ummoning all $ale Tapeholders  (Read 2365 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

$ummoning all $ale Tapeholders
« on: September 19, 2003, 02:52:41 PM »
I am looking for anyone who may have the \"$ale of the Century\" episode where champion Rani White became the only contestant to win the $50,000 playing the \"Winner's Big Money Game.\" (1987-1989)

I would not do this, but many of the people who have traded $ale episodes with me do not have this episode. If you can, please e-mail me.

Again, I apologize if this serves any inconvenience.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

J.R.

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 05:09:20 PM »
Sorry, if this is a little OT. But I read that the $50,000 WBMG was super-duper tough. am I right on this ?

You know if you were to win every single WBMG, you would have $95,000 in cash ! Even if it didn't belong, I wouldn't complain with that haul !

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 12:18:43 AM »
Sorry, if this is a little OT. But I read that the $50,000 WBMG was super-duper tough. am I right on this ?

I heard that the ever-elusive $50,000 WBMG puzzle was ridiculously difficult to solve. Rani won the $50,000 with only a second to go.

Remember, the request is still out there, and I can always mail you my list upon request. Thanks!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

MarkBarrett

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 03:45:33 PM »
http://www.viewnews.com/2002/VIEW-May-08-W...t/18646053.html is a link that shows smarts run in the White family.

I checked my tape collection and found the game where Rani wins $10K, but not the 50K.  Sorry.  Now if ever have time to go through stacks of unmarked tapes I might uncover her big win on tape.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 08:21:17 PM »

It's possible...the only player I recall seeing go for it was Phil Cambry during \"Trick or Treat Week\" in 1988...as it turns out, he lost, although the $92K+ in cash/prizes he left with is nothing to sneeze at. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 08:34:38 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Sep 19 2003, 11:18 PM\']
I heard that the ever-elusive $50,000 WBMG puzzle was ridiculously difficult to solve. Rani won the $50,000 with only a second to go.

Remember, the request is still out there, and I can always mail you my list upon request. Thanks!

The Inquisitive One [/quote]
 As for \"ridiculously difficult\", does that refer to four puzzles based on obscure facts, or puzzles that are difficult to solve until the fifth or six word is revealed.