Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob's retroactively-expanding career  (Read 1303 times)

dzinkin

Bob's retroactively-expanding career
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:37:54 AM »
Bob Barker hosted Match Game?  Hollywood Squares?  Family Feud?  The Tonight Show?

Bob Bids Goodbye to "Price"

SamJ93

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 10:51:41 AM »
Laughably typical of the Post's "reporting," as usual...he did appear as guests on all of those shows at some point, though, right? (MG, FF, Tattletales I'm sure of, and I imagine he was a guest on Carson at some point...was he ever on HS?)

--Sam

EDIT: And according to IMDb (admittedly not always the most reliable source), Barker guest-hosted one episode of "Tonight" on Feb. 25, 1966.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:36:28 AM by SamJ93 »
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 10:56:45 AM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' post=\'155295\' date=\'Jun 16 2007, 10:51 AM\']
Laughably typical of the Post's "reporting," as usual...he did appear as guests on all of those shows at some point, though, right? (MG, FF, Tattletales I'm sure of, and I imagine he was a guest on Carson at some point...was he ever on HS?)

--Sam
[/quote]

TT I can credit the author for a small bit....I believe he hosted an episode or two when Bert and his wife played the game..

dzinkin

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »
[/quote]
He was a guest on the Davidson HS for sure -- Janice and Dian were in another square the same week -- and GSN has rerun most if not all of the MG episodes that had him as a panelist.  I deliberately left out Tattletales because I knew he'd hosted at least one day while Bert Convy played (not that I think that occurred to Buckman).

Yeah, it's the Post, but I love it anyway.  (Heck, they published my letter yesterday... can't be all bad. ;-)

mmb5

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »
EDIT: And according to IMDb (admittedly not always the most reliable source), Barker guest-hosted one episode of "Tonight" on Feb. 25, 1966.
[/quote]
Yes, the IMDB does have its issues.

Anyway, I have a TV listing that confirms.  Guests were Cliff Arquette (aka Charley Weaver), Joe Garagiola, Early Brothers and Macdonald Carey.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Card Shark

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 05:30:03 PM »
Yes, he did. He also tried out for the infamous 1982 version of Card Sharks; the one in which polls of 100 people were suddenly introduced.
Adam Strom