Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Time" names 15 best hosts  (Read 4013 times)

Matt Ottinger

"Time" names 15 best hosts
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'154001\' date=\'Jun 1 2007, 12:24 PM\']
While we're at it, here's the article for which Time did the game show hosts list as a "web extra"--a tribute to the show, not Barker, as TV's most populist show:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...1625199,00.html
[/quote]
And again, written by someone who knows his way around our genre.  You may or may not agree with his points, but it's clear he knows what he's talking about.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 05:35:29 PM »
That was an interesting article--even the parts I disagreed with. But am I the only one who found the following an unfortunate bit of writing/editing?

Twenty-One scandalized the nation--and isn't it quaint to think of Americans being scandalized over a game show?--because people wanted to believe in intellectual Charles Van Doren, who was fed answers. Jeopardy! and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire follow that tradition . . .
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

WhammyPower

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'154028\' date=\'Jun 1 2007, 04:35 PM\'] That was an interesting article--even the parts I disagreed with. But am I the only one who found the following an unfortunate bit of writing/editing?

Twenty-One scandalized the nation--and isn't it quaint to think of Americans being scandalized over a game show?--because people wanted to believe in intellectual Charles Van Doren, who was fed answers. Jeopardy! and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire follow that tradition . . . [/quote]
Yeah, I kinda groaned at that when I first saw it...