Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rosie on CBS at 11?  (Read 8689 times)

Jimmy_1

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'153494\' date=\'May 26 2007, 09:54 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy_1\' post=\'153484\' date=\'May 26 2007, 06:32 PM\']

Yes - I heard this on Nancy Grace. [/quote]

Just curious if there's another source other than the Wicked Witch of the South breying about this. (or was it on their little news ticker?) I've come to the point where I generally assume the opposite of whatever that shreiking harpy may claim or state.
[/quote]

It wasn't Grace herselg discussing it.  She was hosting a roundtable on Rosie's quitting The View.  A male Hollywood gossip columnist countered the claim Rosie is washed up with the announcement that Rosie has been talking with CBS for about two weeks now for her own daytime talker CBS wants to air opposite The View.

Steve Gavazzi

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »
Oh, a gossip columnist!  Well, that sure lends an air of credence to the whole thing!

And Adam, Bob was saying at tapings this past week that reruns will definitely be airing at least into October.

EDIT:  And now that I think about it, what the hell is a Hollywood gossip columnist doing on Nancy Grace?  I might well have my facts wrong, as I don't have Headline News, but I was under the impression that that was some kind of legal program.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 05:56:37 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'153530\' date=\'May 27 2007, 05:52 PM\']

EDIT:  And now that I think about it, what the hell is a Hollywood gossip columnist doing on Nancy Grace?  I might well have my facts wrong, as I don't have Headline News, but I was under the impression that that was some kind of legal program.
[/quote]

A better question to ask is, what the hell is Nancy Grace still doing on the air?  Oh, right, the windbags that actually think she's credible are watching her. Sigh.

ObGameShow: I don't see CBS giving Rosie a shot in a prestigious time slot like this. No way.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 09:37:51 PM by NicholasM79 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 09:41:33 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' post=\'153540\' date=\'May 27 2007, 06:36 PM\']
ObGameShow: I don't see CBS giving Rosie a shot in a prestigious time slot like this. No way.
[/quote]
That time slot is gonna get a *lot* less prestigious in the next few months.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'153543\' date=\'May 27 2007, 09:41 PM\']
That time slot is gonna get a *lot* less prestigious in the next few months.
[/quote]

Agreed. It will lose its luster so to speak, but any show is better than no show at all.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 09:56:26 PM by NicholasM79 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »
Or, rumors about Rosie being in discussions with CBS and NBC could be one big cunard to draw attention from the fact that she no longer has a show.

Gromit

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 03:32:37 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'153546\' date=\'May 27 2007, 06:57 PM\']
Or, rumors about Rosie being in discussions with CBS and NBC could be one big cunard to draw attention from the fact that she no longer has a show.
[/quote]

Cunard?

http://www.oldgloryprints.com/Cunard_Line.jpg

:)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:33:08 AM by Gromit »

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
[quote name=\'fishbulb\' post=\'153500\' date=\'May 26 2007, 09:10 PM\']
Actually, I think Barker reruns could go on for years.
I haven't watched TPIR since Barker's ego got bigger than the show around the early '90s.
The only thing that could get me to watch again would be a new host, but it's possible that CBS intends to just run Barker reruns indefinitely.  They might get higher ratings than a new host would, and would be cheaper (I assume).
[/quote]

Wow. A BB hater. Well, to each his own, but would you care to explain
the differences between the BB of the 1970's and '80s, and the one post
early '90s? What is it about him that makes it uncomfortable to watch? In any case, I dare say the reason for TPIR's huge
popularity is due in part to Bob's "ego".

BrandonFG

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'153612\' date=\'May 28 2007, 01:52 PM\']
I haven't watched TPIR since Barker's ego got bigger than the show around the early '90s.
The only thing that could get me to watch again would be a new host, but it's possible that CBS intends to just run Barker reruns indefinitely.  They might get higher ratings than a new host would, and would be cheaper (I assume).
[/quote]

early '90s?
[/quote]
Yes, because anyone who offers an opinion you disagree with is a hater. Riiiiiight.

FWIW, I find that Barker has become extremely cranky and irritable with contestants. Some cases, rightfully so, but as a game show host on a show like Price, it's not asking a lot to be patient with the contestants. And from a few Price insiders, he really has gotten a swollen ego since then, esp. with his EP title.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'153612\' date=\'May 28 2007, 10:52 AM\']
Wow. A BB hater.
[/quote]
Yes, you'll find quite a few of them here, where people are allowed to think that Barker isn't actually the end-all-be-all of game show hosts. Better get used to the idea.
Well, to each his own, but would you care to explain
early '90s? What is it about him that makes it uncomfortable to watch?
What Brandon said, and: He can't do the friggin' job anymore. For the last five years or so, he frequently screws up, throws his hands in the air, and yells "So you win anyhow!" And then all of the Barker fanb0is bounce up and down in their chairs, completely snowed that something happened that wouldn't have, were he competent.
In any case, I dare say the reason for TPIR's huge popularity is due in part to Bob's "ego".
I dare say the average Price viewer has no idea about Barker's ego.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »
I frequently tell people I talk to that I have never thought for one iota that Barker is the best host of all time.  I also say that I thought he should have retired years ago (around 2000 seemed about right).  Then, I get asked, who is a better host?  I always say I think Bill Cullen was the best, to which I usually get, "Who?"

How quickly the public forgets...

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 05:41:11 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'153617\' date=\'May 28 2007, 11:36 AM\']
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'153612\' date=\'May 28 2007, 01:52 PM\']
[/quote]

early '90s?
[/quote]
Yes, because anyone who offers an opinion you disagree with is a hater. Riiiiiight.

FWIW, I find that Barker has become extremely cranky and irritable with contestants. Some cases, rightfully so, but as a game show host on a show like Price, it's not asking a lot to be patient with the contestants. And from a few Price insiders, he really has gotten a swollen ego since then, esp. with his EP title.
[/quote]
What would you call fishbulb's opinion of Barker, then? Neutral?!

He has to keep the show going at a reasonable pace. Some contestants hem and haw their way through things. For example, contestants bidding on the IUFB who take their sweet time deciding on an amount.

Examples of Bob's "swollen ego", please?

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'153619\' date=\'May 28 2007, 11:45 AM\']
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'153612\' date=\'May 28 2007, 10:52 AM\']
Wow. A BB hater.
[/quote]
Yes, you'll find quite a few of them here, where people are allowed to think that Barker isn't actually the end-all-be-all of game show hosts. Better get used to the idea.
Well, to each his own, but would you care to explain
early '90s? What is it about him that makes it uncomfortable to watch?
What Brandon said, and: He can't do the friggin' job anymore. For the last five years or so, he frequently screws up, throws his hands in the air, and yells "So you win anyhow!" And then all of the Barker fanb0is bounce up and down in their chairs, completely snowed that something happened that wouldn't have, were he competent.
In any case, I dare say the reason for TPIR's huge popularity is due in part to Bob's "ego".
I dare say the average Price viewer has no idea about Barker's ego.
[/quote]

Wow. Project much?

Just how frequently has Bob screwed up, resulting in a "So you win anyhow!"? It's not like it's every week, or month, for that matter. Excrement happens. People mess up every once in a while, no matter the age of the person. Deal with it.

And by all means, please enlighten the masses. Tell us about Bob's dastardly ego, which simply must not go unchallenged.

It's all a moot point anyway. Bob is about to ride off into the sunset after 50 glorious and successful years in the biz.

tpirfan28

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 06:11:05 PM »
The reason Janice and Kathleen were unjustly fired, which was for possibly testifying against Barker in the Holly Hallstrom wrongful termination case.

Someone will come along and correct that...because I'm not 100% positive about that.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

dzinkin

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 06:17:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'154103\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 05:41 PM\']
What would you call fishbulb's opinion of Barker, then? Neutral?!

He has to keep the show going at a reasonable pace. Some contestants hem and haw their way through things. For example, contestants bidding on the IUFB who take their sweet time deciding on an amount.

Examples of Bob's "swollen ego", please?
[/quote]
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'154104\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 06:07 PM\']
Wow. Project much?

Just how frequently has Bob screwed up, resulting in a "So you win anyhow!"? It's not like it's every week, or month, for that matter. Excrement happens. People mess up every once in a while, no matter the age of the person. Deal with it.

And by all means, please enlighten the masses. Tell us about Bob's dastardly ego, which simply must not go unchallenged.

It's all a moot point anyway. Bob is about to ride off into the sunset after 50 glorious and successful years in the biz.
[/quote]
Wow.

So what's it like being Bob's agent anyway?