The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Richard Karn

(1/3) > >>

Pyramid20000:
Does everyone think that Richard Karn is a better host than Louie Anderson,let me know youre thoughts.

Skynet74:
[quote name=\'Pyramid20000\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 05:02 PM\'] Does everyone think that Richard Karn is a better host than Louie Anderson,let me know youre thoughts. [/quote]

I think Louie is funnier, but I think Richard makes a better host if that makes sense. Of course neither one even comes close to Combs.

John

SplitSecond:
Louie has a quicker wit, but was not exactly America's most likeable television personality.  Richard has very little genuine comedic talent, but is so gosh darn likeable.

In three seasons, Louie didn't become any more likeable.  After just one season, Richard is at least starting to learn to fake the wit.

Robert Hutchinson:
To distill my comparison of them to a point that's probably unfair: Louie takes a funny joke and stretches it out until it's not funny. Richard K. takes lots of his jokes and comments, funny or unfunny, and cuts them unnaturally short.

I think Karn is the better host, but I really do wish he had more confidence in what he's saying. Even after a year, whenever he says \"If it's up there, you'll have drawn first blood\", he sounds like he's digging it desperately out of some improvisational recess of his mind.

Casey:
To me, Louie was really laid back (which I actually kinda liked).  But, he was laid back to the point of showing little enthusiasm, which made him seem almost boring to watch.  What he was able to do is react to what the contestants say in a more natural way than Richard Karn seems to.  I have to admit, as corny as it was, I kinda liked when Louie would \"trigger\" the try again buzzer when explaining the rules to the second contestant, as well as cueing the clock to appear.  Little things, but it made it seem more interesting to watch.

Richard, on the other hand, is more \"watchable\".  His voice is easier to handle.  He just seems like a nice guy.  Someone you'd like to invite over to your house for dinner.  

Neither one of them are close to Combs or Dawson.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version