Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Request For Help  (Read 1096 times)

bwood

Request For Help
« on: May 05, 2007, 04:56:06 PM »
Hello all,
I have just been informed by a local college that they would like me to do a live version of "Family Feud" on their campus in September 2007 as part of an alumni festival. Everything is coming along smoothly and they are even staging the show in an auditorium-like room. We are even preparing to contact local merchants and larger companies alike to get donations for the prize packages for contestants/audience members. I'm now trying to figure out how to construct a "set" but that's not the major problem right now,the major problem is, I have no one to run the game board software. My question is this, and I know it is a longshot, but is there anyone that is nearby the Southeastern Ohio area that would take part in this production and help out by running the software? I'm sure some sort of compensation could be involved. I could get a friend or staff member to do it but doing so I think would make things run less smoothly, since everyone I know is pretty much your average "Joe Plinko" and would not know how to run the software like a production of the show. I was pretty much volunteered for this project and that's fine, but I'm pretty much taking on all of the responsibilities on my own, and being a one man staff I'm running out of options, and it is impossible to host the show and run the board (trust me I've thought of it). It would take even longer to track someone down and train them on how to operate this software correctly especially since I'm still trying to figure out a set. The exact details are still being ironed out, but I thought that I would ask here to see if anyone could help and see what my options were. If you can please feel free to contact me.
Thank you all so much.

bwood

Request For Help
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 06:53:47 PM »
I'm sorry, I forgot to add to the last post that we are hoping to have the same person do audience warmup/announcer, on top of game operator/judge.
So, in a sentence, what I'm looking for is a person for audience warmup/announcer/game operator/judge. If you are "camera shy" and could only help me run the software, I'm sure I could find someone to do announcing/warmup. Let me know if you can help/are interested. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:56:35 PM by bwood »

daveromanjr

Request For Help
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 10:33:59 PM »
I'd be happy to help!  Dibs on announcing!

I in Beaver, PA and am not too far away from Ohio... which college is this at?

daveromanjr at comcast dot net
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:34:38 PM by daveromanjr »

bwood

Request For Help
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 11:33:05 PM »
daveromanjr, You've got mail.

CJBojangles, I've tried to email you back twice, it keeps bouncing back. I emailed you thru the forum, it seems to have went this time. Let me know if you don't get anything from me.

If anyone is wondering of the city it is in, it's in Zanesville, OH, and will be on Saturday, Sept. 22nd. I have more info if anyone needs it.

CJBojangles

Request For Help
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:53:22 PM »
Not sure why it's not working. Probably have an old address through the forum.

Anywho, shoot me an email at hortoncj*at*muohio.edu if you get the chance.

davewalls

Request For Help
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 05:17:04 AM »
Email'd!
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

daveromanjr

Request For Help
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »
Hmm, would you mind resending it?  I didn't get anything

daveromanjr@comcastdotnet