Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weird scheduling for Squares in Rochester, NY  (Read 1892 times)

dzinkin

Weird scheduling for Squares in Rochester, NY
« on: September 14, 2003, 07:04:50 PM »
Well, Rochester didn't see the first season of the current run of Hollywood Squares... and now it's going to take some extra patience to see season six.  WOKR (ABC affil) now has Access Hollywood in the slot H2 once occupied; H2 wasn't on at all for the first week, but now it's back at -- well, pick a day.  On various days it's listed at 1:30 AM, 1:36 AM, 2:06 AM, 2:05 AM, or 2:36 AM.

I'm reminded of when Politically Incorrect was on -- that show got the same treatment thanks to WOKR's love of infomercials.  And as in that case, this is just plain ridiculous.

- David

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 07:13:53 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 06:04 PM\'] WOKR (ABC affil) now has Access Hollywood in the slot H2 once occupied; H2 wasn't on at all for the first week, but now it's back at -- well, pick a day.  On various days it's listed at 1:30 AM, 1:36 AM, 2:06 AM, 2:05 AM, or 2:36 AM.

[/quote]
 It's oddball to be sure, but airing five-a-week shows scattered throughout weekend late nights is even moreso, as WCBS did with Garagiola Strike it Rich and Wipeout, and WCAU Philly did with Feud 1994(second half hour, with one airing on Saturday nights at 7:30PM)

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 10:05:32 PM »
I also live in Rochester, and oddly enough, this change makes me more able to watch.  I usually work weeknights, and back in it's old timeslot I would usually watch J! instead of H2 when I had days off.  Plus, I typically stay up late at night and sleep in during the morning and afternoon.  I do agree, however, that this is a crappy timeslot for most people who want to see H2.

dzinkin

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 11:03:51 PM »
[quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 10:05 PM\'] I do agree, however, that this is a crappy timeslot for most people who want to see H2. [/quote]
 A crappy time slot is one thing... if it were at least *consistent* it would be helpful for those of us who would like to tape it.  If I have to check the TV Guide each day -- *and* tape two hours a night, knowing how WOKR likes to insert extra infomercials at the last minute -- it's not worth my time.

- David

trainman

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2003, 11:29:24 PM »
Hmm, maybe WOKR is in cahoots with TiVo (although TiVo knowing what time H2 is scheduled to start on Monday night/Tuesday morning wouldn't necessarily help, because of \"Monday Night Football\" almost always running past its scheduled time slot).
trainman is a man of trains

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 12:18:55 PM »
It's oddball to be sure, but airing five-a-week shows scattered throughout weekend late nights is even moreso, as WCBS did with Garagiola Strike it Rich and Wipeout, and WCAU Philly did with Feud 1994(second half hour, with one airing on Saturday nights at 7:30PM)

Over in Providence, RI, WLNE (Ch. 6) did the same thing w/TNPiR '94, airing them in hr. blocks from 12:30-1:30 AM on Sat/early Sun and Sun/early Mon.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")