Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: why no continuing champs on WoF?  (Read 5521 times)

PeterMarshallFan

why no continuing champs on WoF?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2003, 02:58:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Sep 12 2003, 03:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Sep 10 2003, 03:00 PM\'] I think it would be nice to resurrect the "Friday Finals"... you have returning champions in a sense but at the same time you can air the shows anyway you want... so long as they're self contained.

Not that I see this happening any time soon though!

Cheers,

-R. [/quote]
That was (I think) part of the reason GSN got away with the only day to day format game they've had so far - Hollywood Showdown. They could rerun the weeks in any order they wanted. [/quote]
 Not exactly---wasn't there a way to come back the next week, similar to the Return Trip riddle on Darrow's Jackpot?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2003, 02:59:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 11:56 AM\'] Also, don't forget that WWTBAM very often has minutes and minutes of footage of a contestant thinking about an answer. If you've filmed six or seven shows without reaching a break point like Chris described, you can just start leaving in just enough of the shots of the contestant thinking to fill out a show to the end. [/quote]
 I didn't even think of that, but that's a very good point, Robert, it's really easy to \"genetically engineer\" a clean finish if it's looking like you need one. Of course, you'd have to know going into that episode taping, but I suppose that's an easy enough policy...if, as you say, they went X shows, then the next one ends clean come hell or high water :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2003, 07:22:51 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 01:58 PM\']
That was (I think) part of the reason GSN got away with the only day to day format game they've had so far - Hollywood Showdown. They could rerun the weeks in any order they wanted. [/QUOTE]
Not exactly---wasn't there a way to come back the next week, similar to the Return Trip riddle on Darrow's Jackpot? [/quote]
 On most of season one and all of season two shows of Showdown, there would be a \"Final Friday Face-off\". The winner of the showdown could take $1000 or come back on the following week to play again.
Early in season one, the Friday show would always end with someone playing the Box Office round.