Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attending Mar. 19 TPIR late taping  (Read 1086 times)

gaubster2

Attending Mar. 19 TPIR late taping
« on: March 03, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »
On Super Bowl weekend I mailed off a request for three tickets to the 3/19, 1:15PM taping.  Last weekend, I received tickets for the late taping instead.  About 3 days earlier, I had mailed off for tickets to the late taping as a backup.  I highly doubt that I got my request for the later taping turned around to me in 3 days and that my earlier request had fallen through the cracks.

Two things:
1)  On the inside of my SASE, my original request was noted but the tickets were for the 4:30PM taping.
2)  The tickets were numbered 0809, 0810, 0811.

So, I'm assuming that my original request was "sold out" and that these were the only tickets available for that tape date?  Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what the maximum number of tickets printed up for any individual taping would be?  I'm guessing up to 1,000?

My wife and I attended our first and only taping back in February, 2002.  We had tickets for both Monday tapings "just in case" and got into the first taping.  However, with the warnings about the long lines, my plan is to get in line the night before.  Seeing as how our only chance is now the late taping, that is going to make an especially long day.  My younger sister and her husband want to go, so I'm going along with them.  What time do they start handing out numbers for the 4:30 taping?  We have The Farmer's Daughter booked across the street for naps and bathroom privledges for the overnight stay (and for somewhere to park the car).  My plan is to have at least 2 people in line at all times and to "take shifts" in line.

I'm trying to cover my bases and don't want to encounter any unpleasant surprises.  Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Chris

petek66

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:58:40 AM »
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' post=\'147390\' date=\'Mar 4 2007, 12:16 AM\']

I'm trying to cover my bases and don't want to encounter any unpleasant surprises.  Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Chris
[/quote]

My girlfriend and I  got into two shows on January 2 & 3. On the first day, a Monday, we had tickets for both tapings and arrived at 5:45 AM. We weren't even close to getting in the first show. We got very lucky and
got in on standby (#50-51) for the 4:30 show. Day Two we thought we were smarter and lined up at 3:30 AM.  We made it in on standby again, but with a much lower number (#10-11) so we got in easily. Order of
arrival passes are distributed at 6 AM for all shows that day.  I'm sure it will be worse by March but if you're at the Farmer's Daughter, you could just keep an eye on the line the night before and jump in when people start showing up.

Incidentally, we had a GREAT time. We got to be friends with a girl and her mother next to us in line. The
girl ended up not only getting picked but she won the showcase!! So my girlfriend and I decided, hey,
we're her friends so we're going to run up on stage with her during the credits! We asked a page, and she
said it was ok, but a producer stopped us at the top of the steps-- people who want to go on stage have
to be approved in advance and she hadn't mentioned us :(  But I can say I set foot on the stage at least!

Pete

catkins522

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 08:07:31 AM »
Well, you are in a tough situation.  The month of March is Spring Break for all of the colleges and universities.  So, most of the audiences will be 18 - 22 years.

To get a good seat, I would suggest 10:30 pm to 1:30 am.  Max people is around 325-350 people.  They will take 113~ people in first.  Then, all of the groups that called CBS.  Lastly, all of the rest of the people.

When I was in LA about a month ago, on Monday, I stood on line starting around 1:30 am and got 98 (#54 for the first show).  At around 5 am, we had around 700~ people.  Forget getting in the both shows, they will have enough people to fill in.

Good luck.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

gaubster2

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies, so far.  I wanted to avoid spring break, but this was the best window of opportunity for the three of us to go together.  I called the ticket office several weeks ago and they said that they were not allowing any more groups after March 1st.  So hopefully, this will benefit us in that we are willing to stay in line and not have someone hold our places.

If order of arrival numbers for both shows are given out at 6AM, then we should be in pretty good shape.  I will assume that most people would want to hit the earlier taping?

Thanks, again!

[quote name=\'catkins522\' post=\'147408\' date=\'Mar 4 2007, 05:07 AM\']
Well, you are in a tough situation.  The month of March is Spring Break for all of the colleges and universities.  So, most of the audiences will be 18 - 22 years.

To get a good seat, I would suggest 10:30 pm to 1:30 am.  Max people is around 325-350 people.  They will take 113~ people in first.  Then, all of the groups that called CBS.  Lastly, all of the rest of the people.

When I was in LA about a month ago, on Monday, I stood on line starting around 1:30 am and got 98 (#54 for the first show).  At around 5 am, we had around 700~ people.  Forget getting in the both shows, they will have enough people to fill in.

Good luck.

Charles
[/quote]