Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Updated Game Show Saturday Night  (Read 19302 times)

catnap1972

Updated Game Show Saturday Night
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 04:48:21 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'148709\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 04:12 PM\']
 I am pleased that GSN is giving these short lived shows, (Double Dare) and (Now You See It), Prime time airings.

[/quote]

It's also feasible that they may know that neither of these would work on the regular schedule (ratings-wise), so they'll burn some off this way (one-time curiosity).

Hopefully they'll dig Monty's BtC up one of these days...hasn't turned up at all since the DP aside from that Christmas episode they recycled a couple of times.

tvmitch

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2007, 04:38:18 PM »
Quick bump to this thread to remind everyone that Double Dare is airing tonight. Can't wait to watch these!
You should follow me on Twitter

xavier45

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'148956\' date=\'Mar 24 2007, 03:38 PM\']
Quick bump to this thread to remind everyone that Double Dare is airing tonight. Can't wait to watch these!
[/quote]

I am very excited about this. Let's hope after this the show gets a weekend airing soon.

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
Bump for another reminder about tonight's NYSI marathon.
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979

TheLastResort

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2007, 10:42:17 PM »
Great NYSI marathon!  I haven't seen much of Jack Narz's work in the past.  The light grid and telestrator were pretty high tech for their time.

tvmitch

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2007, 08:47:47 AM »
Looks like my DVR decided not to record this marathon last night...I want to offer 3 hours from my collection to trade to anyone who caught this in good quality. Please email me at mitchgroff at gmail dot com. Thanks!
You should follow me on Twitter

The Pyramids

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2007, 08:25:07 PM »
Sorry, but it looks like I'm going to be the one dissenter here. 'NYSI' is a hard show to like in my opinion. I also don't think that Jack Narz qualifies as one of tv's most beloved emcees despite what tvgameshows.net is presently saying.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:25:32 PM by PaulD »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'149837\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 07:25 PM\']
Sorry, but it looks like I'm going to be the one dissenter here. 'NYSI' is a hard show to like in my opinion. I also don't think that Jack Narz qualifies as one of tv's most beloved emcees despite what tvgameshows.net is presently saying.
[/quote]
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would like to know why you feel that way on both counts.  Especially on point #1 (NYSI being "hard to like").
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

The Pyramids

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'149840\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 08:32 PM\']
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'149837\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 07:25 PM\']
[/quote]
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would like to know why you feel that way on both counts.  Especially on point #1 (NYSI being "hard to like").
[/quote]

I've just never liked word search games. It could be because I'm no good at them hence I don't like watching them. Narz was a very capable host but bland.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2007, 12:01:22 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'149843\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 07:03 PM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'149840\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 08:32 PM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'149837\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 07:25 PM\']Sorry, but it looks like I'm going to be the one dissenter here. 'NYSI' is a hard show to like in my opinion. I also don't think that Jack Narz qualifies as one of tv's most beloved emcees despite what tvgameshows.net is presently saying.
[/quote]You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would like to know why you feel that way on both counts.  Especially on point #1 (NYSI being "hard to like").[/quote]

I've just never liked word search games. It could be because I'm no good at them hence I don't like watching them. Narz was a very capable host but bland.[/quote]I'm completely awful at Sudoku, but I've enjoyed every episode of Sudo-Q that I've seen from the UK. Now, as to Jack, you're all over the place, either you like him or not, and I don't know where you stand. One time you say that he's not one of TV's most beloved emcees, but you also say he's "capable but bland."
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2007, 01:10:50 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'149843\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 09:03 PM\']
I've just never liked word search games. It could be because I'm no good at them hence I don't like watching them.
[/quote]
I absolutely suck at playing basketball (I'm 5'2"), but that doesn't stop me from watching the Final Four.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Mike Tennant

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2007, 11:08:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'149851\' date=\'Apr 9 2007, 01:10 AM\']
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'149843\' date=\'Apr 8 2007, 09:03 PM\']
I've just never liked word search games. It could be because I'm no good at them hence I don't like watching them.
[/quote]
I absolutely suck at playing basketball (I'm 5'2"), but that doesn't stop me from watching the Final Four.
[/quote]
The difference, I think, is that game shows--at least good game shows--practically beg the viewer to play along, whereas televised sporting events are intended for spectating, not viewer participation.  Bob Stewart once said he wanted the Pyramid viewer, during the Winner's Circle, to be shouting clues at the TV ("the sun," "a lit stove" for "Things That Are Hot," for example); Roone Arledge was, to my knowledge, never quoted to the effect that he wanted ABC's Wide World of Sports viewers to start downhill skiing in their living rooms.  (If they did attempt to participate in, say, relay races, they might soon feel the agony of de feet, though.  Oh, dear.  Did I just make Donegan look good?)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' post=\'149860\' date=\'Apr 9 2007, 08:08 AM\']
The difference, I think, is that game shows--at least good game shows--practically beg the viewer to play along, whereas televised sporting events are intended for spectating, not viewer participation.  
[/quote]
That said, NYSI has scads of viewer participation. PaulD doesn't happen to like it because he doesn't like that sort of game, and that's his choice, but that doesn't make it a bad show, just one he doesn't like.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2007, 12:01:40 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'149845\' date=\'Apr 9 2007, 12:01 AM\']Now, as to Jack, you're all over the place, either you like him or not, and I don't know where you stand. One time you say that he's not one of TV's most beloved emcees, but you also say he's "capable but bland."[/quote]
I'm not saying that I agree with Paul, but I certainly don't see anything inconsistant about those two statements.    A host can be capable without being beloved.  I think a lot of people might put Jim Peck in the same category.

Paul was pretty clear that it was a personal opinion.  I don't think he needs to be raked over the coals for it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

xavier45

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2007, 01:24:11 PM »
Just to update, the extended zap2it schedule has a blank space from 8-10pm on April 28th. The same thing happened with NYSI last month! So this will probably be another rarity from the GSN vault! I will update as soon as I get what it is.

Well I have just found out that it is Let's Make A Deal!!!!!!! This is great!!!!!

(Posts merged by moderator. -DZ)