Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Week of 9/15  (Read 4406 times)

Matt Ottinger

Week of 9/15
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 03:59:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 03:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 08:11 PM\'] I must be out of the loop--they're briefing the celebs? Is there a disclaimer I haven't noticed? [/quote]
They are not shown the actual material for that day's show, but they do play some practice material, just as they did in previous eras.  (Don't feel bad;  I was guilty of the same misunderstanding.) [/quote]
 Without getting into specifics, Jay, you are mistaken.  I don't know how much of it may or may not be covered in a disclaimer, but celebrities, at least during season one, got to see actual game material in advance.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

Week of 9/15
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 05:21:17 PM »
Thank you for correcting me.  Now I know that I was right the first time!  I posted this on GSN's message board early last season and someone not only insisted that I was wrong but complained about people who repeated things they heard without knowing it themselves.  (Ironic, huh?)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

ChuckNet

Week of 9/15
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 09:21:48 PM »
I would much rather prefer the give/receive option myself. If I ever went on Pyramid and got into the Winner's Circle, I'd give. I don't want a Dick Cavett happening to me...

Yeah, it would suck if one of the celebs tried to pick a fight w/Stephen Brown. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Jay Temple

Week of 9/15
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2003, 02:04:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 03:09 PM\'] But then it would be nonsensical guesses to great clues that would lose you the 10 grand. [/quote]
 Nonsensical guesses do little more than eat up the clock.  Illegal clues mean that you absolutely will not get the $10,000.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.