Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Week of 9/15  (Read 4409 times)

GSNFAN3000

Week of 9/15
« on: September 13, 2003, 03:38:46 PM »
The following GS premires/changes are going to happen tomorrow:

H2: the best 2-out-of-3 match (The NBC Marshall Format) starts. (Praying that the show stays on the air)

Family Feud: \"300 wins the game\" format, \"Single x2, A Double, and Triple round\", and Three Strikes all rounds starts!!!! :-)

Pyramid: Contestants may now choose the play Giver or Receiver and a little set change

Millionaire: Winners will be paid in equal annual installments
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 08:30:02 PM by GSNFAN3000 »

GSWitch

Week of 9/15
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 09:33:19 PM »
I always liked that Pyramid rule where the contestant could have the option @ the Winner's Circle.

Hardly any contestant gives the clues, except on occasion.

I do remember one contestant (a Leonard Maltin lookalike) who was on the CBS 80's version, he always gave the clues on the board whenever he won the main game!

HSquares2003

Week of 9/15
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 10:35:28 PM »
Given some of the oopses by the celebs. in season 1 of Pyramid, the give/receive option is well overdue. I know it is human to err, but, if the contestant does it, maybe they can say \"Gee, it's my own fault\". Might take the worry off the celebs.! :D

starcade

Week of 9/15
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 02:18:58 AM »
Actually, let's correct the Millionaire one...

Only winners of $500,000 or $1M will get annuities...

$500K -- $150K to start and $35K for 10 years.

$1M -- $150K to start and $42,500 for 20 years.

starcade

Week of 9/15
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2003, 02:21:56 AM »
I would much rather prefer the give/receive option myself.  If I ever went on Pyramid and got into the Winner's Circle, I'd give.  I don't want a Dick Cavett happening to me...

GS Warehouse

Week of 9/15
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2003, 10:26:51 AM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 01:18 AM\'] Actually, let's correct the Millionaire one...

Only winners of $500,000 or $1M will get annuities...

$500K -- $150K to start and $35K for 10 years.

$1M -- $150K to start and $42,500 for 20 years. [/quote]
 Of course, those who blow it on the first tier will still receive their winnings when they leave the set. :-)

Jim

Week of 9/15
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2003, 12:59:10 PM »
On Pyramid, I would want to give the clues.  That way, I would control what clues got to the other person.  If I lost, it wouldn't be because of nonsensical clues being fed to the guesser.

Jimmy Owen

Week of 9/15
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2003, 04:09:42 PM »
But then it would be nonsensical guesses to great clues that would lose you the 10 grand.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Week of 9/15
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2003, 05:01:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 01:09 PM\'] But then it would be nonsensical guesses to great clues that would lose you the 10 grand. [/quote]
 Some may suggest, though, that part of the giver's responsibility is to have an idea what types of clues are needed to get the receiver to make the connection.

I've always had the feeling that more WC's are won from good cluegiving then good guessing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ITSBRY

Week of 9/15
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2003, 05:26:45 PM »
I always liked that Pyramid rule where the contestant could have the option @ the Winner's Circle.

I didn't really care too much about the \"no choice of giving\" rule.  It didn't seem to make sense, but since celebs usually give anyway, the casual viewer wouldn't have noticed.  Now I might have cared more had I been an actual contestant, but that point is moot.

What I'm ECSTATIC about is the fact that this new rule will now mean that the celebs won't get a sneak preview of the material.  I'm sorry to anyone who works on the show who reads this board, but that was a horrendous idea!  I think I understand why this was done, but I still think it wasn't a good idea.  Sure the celebs might have been bad, but they could improve over time.  They did in all other versions of the show.  No way in hell they should know what the material was prior to the game.

I'll be interested to see if this new rule (no preview) allows celebs to be on their toes so they can grow and truly master the game.  Maybe we'll find some Henry Polic IIs and Teresa Ganzels out there.  

Speaking of...Teresa still does voice work right?  They should invite her back...really a great Pyramid player and she's not really all that more obscure than the PineSol lady!  They could do a retro week or something with Pyramid celebs from the past...Stuart Pankin, Stuart Damon, Henry Polic, Charlie Siebert.  Maybe weave in some clips of their big wins on previous versions kinda like they did when Dick guested.  I know, hard core fan's fantasy but still...:-)

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

SteveRep

Week of 9/15
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2003, 08:55:51 PM »
[quote name=\'GSNFAN3000\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 03:38 PM\'] The following GS premires/changes are going to happen tomorrow:

H2: the best 2-out-of-3 match (The NBC Marshall Format) starts. (Praying that the show stays on the air)

Family Feud: "300 wins the game" format, "Single x2, A Double, and Triple round", and Three Strikes all rounds starts!!!! :-)

Pyramid: Contestants may now choose the play Giver or Receiver and a little set change

Millionaire: Winners will be paid in equal annual installments [/quote]
 And when is Season 32 of TPIR set to launch?

zachhoran

Week of 9/15
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2003, 09:07:11 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 07:55 PM\']

And when is Season 32 of TPIR set to launch? [/quote]
 Next Monday 9/22

Neumms

Week of 9/15
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 04:26 PM\'] What I'm ECSTATIC about is the fact that this new rule will now mean that the celebs won't get a sneak preview of the material.  

Speaking of...Teresa still does voice work right?  They should invite her back...really a great Pyramid player and she's not really all that more obscure than the PineSol lady! [/quote]
 I must be out of the loop--they're briefing the celebs? Is there a disclaimer I haven't noticed?

About Teresa Ganzel, I saw her on an audition tape for a commercial I was doing. Cute and bubbly was what she did well (at least, what she did at all) and, uh, the years do add up. Not that she wouldn't be good if they brought back a bunch of other has-been/never-weres.

Jay Temple

Week of 9/15
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2003, 03:27:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 08:11 PM\'] I must be out of the loop--they're briefing the celebs? Is there a disclaimer I haven't noticed? [/quote]
 They are not shown the actual material for that day's show, but they do play some practice material, just as they did in previous eras.  (Don't feel bad;  I was guilty of the same misunderstanding.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

SplitSecond

Week of 9/15
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2003, 03:32:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 12:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 14 2003, 08:11 PM\'] I must be out of the loop--they're briefing the celebs? Is there a disclaimer I haven't noticed? [/quote]
They are not shown the actual material for that day's show, but they do play some practice material, just as they did in previous eras.  (Don't feel bad;  I was guilty of the same misunderstanding.) [/quote]
 Where is your information coming from?