Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: biggest " Classic Concentration " winner  (Read 12235 times)

barker5000

biggest " Classic Concentration " winner
« on: September 08, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »
Who's the biggest winner on " Classic Concentration " with Alex Trebek from 1987 - 1991 on NBC, and how much did he / she win?

Thanks,
barker5000

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:02:44 PM »
I don't get it.

Why are you asking these things?
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 03:05:05 PM »
Obviously, he didn't learn anything from this post.

However, best I can tell, the mods seem OK with this (as lame as the questions are), so, I guess they'll continue to flow.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 03:35:33 PM »
Well, he's just asking a (poorly-researched and likely unanswerable) question, right? Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, aside from the potential of muscle-strain injuries from the eyerolling.

If he starts getting pissy because he's never getting an answer (and so far he hasn't, but you never know), then I imagine Our Benevolent Moderators will step in and take action.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »
Hasn't this question been asked already?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'163095\' date=\'Sep 8 2007, 03:35 PM\']
Well, he's just asking a (poorly-researched and likely unanswerable) question, right? Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, aside from the potential of muscle-strain injuries from the eyerolling.
[/quote]
Exactly...it is at least a game show-related question.

The only bad thing about it is that not many people are going to know the answers to what he asks...this is prolly the first time he's asked a question that might get a true answer.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 10:16:24 AM »
Folks, we've basically got another autistic kid with a game show fixation who's interested in minutia.  (Don't look at me like I'm mean -- the second sentence he ever posted on here was, "I'm 16 years old, and I've got autism.")

We've dealt with enough high-functioning autistics over the years to know how this goes.  So, if you're asking him questions about posting habits hoping he'll get it and change, well... he won't.  I don't hold it personally against the guy, nor do I place "blame" against him or anyone else.

Mods, I think you need to have a long conversation with each other about what to do in situations such as this (and if you already had one, have another one); because if this is left unchecked, we're eventually going to have a serious conflict where someone is going to be unnecessarily hurt.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'163122\' date=\'Sep 9 2007, 07:16 AM\']
Mods, I think you need to have a long conversation with each other about what to do in situations such as this (and if you already had one, have another one); because if this is left unchecked, we're eventually going to have a serious conflict where someone is going to be unnecessarily hurt.
[/quote]
But which "this" are you suggesting is left unchecked?

"Repeatedly asking questions about minutiae for no good reason" isn't a violation of the rules, near as I can tell. Disruptive? Annoying? Yeah, a little. But not a violation. And I can't see a situation, given Our Benevolent Moderators, where it would become one, or where this behavior would be discouraged.

By the same token, asking "why the hell are you asking such silly questions?" isn't one either. And if it's decided that it should be one...well, nothing we can really do about that, except know that there is one more thing to get the smack laid down on you for, and assess your desire to participate accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:28:54 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 02:02:33 PM »
The way the show was set up sorta discouraged disproportionate winners.  After a while, once you won a car, you were off the show.  So it would have to be someone from the early part of the run, where IIRC you could win more than one car.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'163129\' date=\'Sep 9 2007, 01:02 PM\']
The way the show was set up sorta discouraged disproportionate winners.  After a while, once you won a car, you were off the show.  So it would have to be someone from the early part of the run, where IIRC you could win more than one car.
[/quote]
Not necessarily.  If you racked up several nicer prizes over consecutive days, and then won a nicer car, your total could be higher than someone who won two lower-priced models.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 03:19:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'163131\' date=\'Sep 9 2007, 02:56 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'163129\' date=\'Sep 9 2007, 01:02 PM\']
[/quote]
Not necessarily.  If you racked up several nicer prizes over consecutive days, and then won a nicer car, your total could be higher than someone who won two lower-priced models.
[/quote]

That's true.  I know they occassionally did tournament weeks, so the biggest winner may have come from those weeks.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DJDustman

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »
On tape, I have a contestant named Monica, won $60,650 in prizes for her five day stay. I THINK this is the highest winner on the show, she set the record then according to Alex and producers.