Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Press Your Luck  (Read 1950 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Press Your Luck
« on: January 19, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »
FYI, today's 12:30ET PYL is back to what I believe is the last show before the debut of Pick a Corner (2/25?/84).  As an aside, it's interesting to see how the eventual PAC square is actually cheaper in Round 2 than in Round 1 (save for Go Back 2, which has no immediate value of its own)

I've often wondered why they haven't picked up the rest of the episodes, especially now that they in theory have the money to do so.
This signature is currently under construction.

Allstar87

Press Your Luck
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:07:05 PM »
It's 2/21/84; The first PYL ever aired on GSN.

I think if/when GSN picks up any more PYL episodes, they won't wait for it to go back to Nov. 85 before switching. They'll just suddenly start airing them without warning.

Take Jeopardy for example. GSN's showing '98 episodes of Jeopardy one day, then all of a sudden they jump to Sep. 2001. Then there's Love Connection, which went from ~1990 all the way back to 1984 at the dawn of the new year.

You never know; the other episodes of PYL could possibly pop up someday, when you least expect it.

tpirfan28

Press Your Luck
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 01:27:02 PM »
PAC appeared 2/28/84.  I have this episode on tape, and it's a keeper.  If you are just a casual PYL watcher and haven't seen this ep. yet, set your TiVo/DVR/VCR to get it.

And yes, I hope that someday GSN ponies up for another 200 eps, whether it be the beginning or the end.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Jimmy Owen

Press Your Luck
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »
PYL is one of those shows that even if I've seen it before, I don't remember having seen it.  It looks like a fresh show every time.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

Press Your Luck
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 04:14:14 PM »
And yes, I hope that someday GSN ponies up for another 200 eps, whether it be the beginning or the end.

There are around 100 episodes from the begining of the run they've never aired, and close to 200 from the end of the run.  I somehow doubt that any new package would include all of them.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!