Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Subjects used in the WC of $100,000/25,000 Pyramid  (Read 9105 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Subjects used in the WC of $100,000/25,000 Pyramid
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »
[quote name=\'BrentW\' post=\'142332\' date=\'Jan 6 2007, 09:43 AM\']
Kidding.  Actually that ain't a bad idea.  Maybe something where you can pull out the card (with the pyramid sign on it) and flip it around with the $$ amount on it.  That ain't bad at all.
[/quote]
My advice: kick in an extra ten bucks for a couple extra pieces of posterboard, and do it as a three-layer thing: the logo, the subject, then the dollar amount. (Hell, are you feeling REALLY cheap? Buy a box of file folders at Staples, and cut those up.) When it's pulled the logo can be dropped in the back of the stack (or you could drop another $5, buy a couple more pieces, and have your stack be logo-subject-dollar-logo), and then to resolve the "trilon" you just pull out one more card when they get it right, or two (thereby revealing the logo again) if they give a buzzable clue.

(In fact, the more that I think of it, the more I think you want the four-card solution, because during the WC you're gonna make it way easier for your board op(s) if they only have to pull out cards.)

And then, a gameboard (with little holders for the pull-cards) would be REALLY easy to build out of plywood. Even with no carpentry skill, I bet you could do it yourself. At worst, you'd need to find someone who knew how to use a jigsaw to cut the holes out of the main facade. I have no idea what giant sheets of plywood go for these days, but if the total cost of materials (including paint) was $200, I'd be shocked.

(I just checked online. $200 was vastly overestimating, from what I'm seeing.)

(Hell, find a sign store, and see how big of a sheet of plastic they would sell you. Might be cheaper, and you could cut it yourself with an Xacto knife or Dremel tool (though you would have to be careful about a Dremel melting the plastic).)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 02:58:58 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mmb5

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »
I built one before (not very well).  The trilons are actually pretty easy.  Go to any hardware store and ask for these.  Attach a triangular piece of wood to these.  I echo the other recommendations and use cardboard for the remainder of the trilon.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

BrentW

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 10:22:57 PM »
Thank you both for your suggestions.  :-)  I am certainly going to examine every option.  I received a couple of private emails as well, so thank you for those.

We will see what comes of this.  Hopefully I can do something pretty snazzy...

Brent

BrentW

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »
(Before I ask this question, I would like to say:  sorry for the double post.  I've searched the archives, Jay's site, Ryan's site, and performed a search on THESE forums using the input: +font +Pyramid and +font +Winner's Circle, but no luck.  I've also searched Google.  That's just an FYI, so I don't get bitch-slapped like I do when I post over at BigJon's forum...)  :-)

That said: does anyone know the font type used for the Clark $25,000/$100,000 Pyramid?  I'm talking about:

-the numbers ($50, $100, $150, etc) used in the Winner's Circle once a subject was ruled correct;

-the font for the $100,000 sign at the top

and

-the logo's font, used at the beginning of each show when they said "This is the $100,000 Pyramid ('da-da-da-da-duh-da, da-da-duh-da-DA')".  Yes, I know the font is STRETCHED out toward the bottom, but I can fix that in Photoshop.

Your help, as ever, is much appreciated.

Gracias.
Brent W.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:55:29 PM by BrentW »

HYHYBT

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 11:02:32 PM »
I would almost bet money the logo was drawn, and therefore not a font, at least not in the sense you mean.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages