Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Subjects used in the WC of $100,000/25,000 Pyramid  (Read 9098 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Subjects used in the WC of $100,000/25,000 Pyramid
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »
[quote name=\'BrentW\' post=\'141480\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 12:19 PM\']
Oh, gosh.  I'm so sorry.  That's not what I was asking.  It was a request for info; but he impressed me with the clue for Things that Are Perceived that I asked another one.  It was all in fun, man.  That's all.  I was being cool; I'm just a nice, friendly poster.  
[/quote]
Fair enough. No worries, man. We've had more than a few people come through here that looked like they were asking for information when in fact they already knew the answer, and it almost always ends in tears. But you weren't going there, so don't worry about it. :)
THAT was the response I was looking for.  "As scarce as hen's teeth" -- I've heard it since I was in church at 6 years old.  Old bitties would say it all the time.
I have never heard that expression in my life. Maybe I'm an isolated pocket of society, and I'm sure it's a money clue if you've heard it, but I just don't think it's as common of an expression as you might think.

If you're giving to Betty White, sure. Any other time, there are better uses for those precious seconds.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 03:32:11 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'141481\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 03:30 PM\']
I have never heard that expression in my life. Maybe I'm an isolated pocket of society, and I'm sure it's a money clue if you've heard it, but I just don't think it's as common of an expression as you might think.
[/quote]

I've never heard the expression "As scarce as hen's teeth" either. Perhaps a regional thing..

dzinkin

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 05:37:32 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'141487\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 05:13 PM\']
[/quote]
I've never heard the expression "As scarce as hen's teeth" either. Perhaps a regional thing..
[/quote]
I've heard it, but not often recently.  Usually I see it in older literature and in autobiographies, most often when an adult talks about his or her childhood.

dzinkin

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »
Fair enough. No worries, man. We've had more than a few people come through here that looked like they were asking for information when in fact they already knew the answer, and it almost always ends in tears. But you weren't going there, so don't worry about it. :)
[/quote]
Your first clue should have been Brent's use of punctuation.  As in, he uses it. ;-)

clemon79

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 08:49:16 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'141506\' date=\'Dec 26 2006, 05:15 PM\']
Your first clue should have been Brent's use of punctuation.  As in, he uses it. ;-)
[/quote]
Believe me, that means nothing. I could name names, but I'd get in trouble.

aaron sica

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 12:51:47 PM »
[quote name=\'BrentW\' post=\'141363\' date=\'Dec 24 2006, 03:35 AM\']
Hello all:

It's been ages since I started a new topic myself; I tried to use the search function to see if this has already been asked, but error messages kept coming up.
[/quote]

MY first clue was not his use of punctuation, but the fact that he made an EFFORT to try not to repeat a thread. If only more people would do that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 01:40:31 PM by aaron sica »

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'141554\' date=\'Dec 27 2006, 09:51 AM\']
MY first clue was not his use of punctuation, but the fact that he made an EFFORT to try not to repeat a thread . If only more people would do that.
[/quote]
Ooh, that's a really good point, too.

Okay, you've sold me. Brent is one of the Good Guys. :)

BrentW

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »
Danke!  :-)  Seriously, even though my post count is above 150, I haven't been on the boards in over a year.  I got a little depressed when the Millionaire people didn't call me after I received the 'YOU'RE IN' postcard.  Plus, life got pretty hectic.  But it's nice to lurk again, and to read what's happening in the game show community.  I used to post all the time over at Golden-Road.net as well.  I had forgotten about the VENOMOUS VILLAINS on the boards who try to cause trouble.  :-)  (Yes I've been surfing Randy's old Whew! site)

I assure you I am not one of them.  

You can close this if you want; the subject's run it's course, plus I have that link to the old thread.

-Brent

Kevin Prather

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 07:23:24 PM »
No sense in closing it. If it has run its course, it will die naturally. As long as the contributions to it are genuine, it can stay open.

BrentW

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 08:12:47 AM »
Well, I'm glad we didn't close this -- that way I don't have to start another topic for this query.

On a barely tangential line of thought -- does anyone know how I might go about hiring someone to build a trilon-esque set of the Winner's Circle?  I'm talking about the board (I'll use chairs for where they sit).  No, I don't need lights and crap.  And no it doesn't need to be as big as the real one.  

I'm doing part of this party for some friends (about 120 guys, all of whom are gay (and judge-y), and almost all of whom LOVE Pyramid and asked that we play it) in a few months.  As you will recall, I was asking earlier about subjects, because I volunteered to be in charge of the entertainment/games (shocker there, I know).  I'm just trying to figure out a way to do this  -- I don't know the first thing about axis, and geometry and carpentry....(shocker #2)

It can even look really.....well, ghetto, for lack of a better term. I can spruce it up.  I just want something that's functional.  Anyone know of any retired game show set builders who would work for 500-1,000 bucks?  :-)   Or even just how I might go about something like this?  Is it even that hard to MAKE a working board like that?  I searched all over Google but cataloguing "game show sets" isn't exactly a high priority for them.  If this doesn't pan out, I have a back up plan, but I'd rather not use a computer/projector type thing.

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Sarcastic things to say?  :-)    Anyone else ever done this before (I seem to recall SOMEONE did this before, maybe at Game Show Congress, but my memeory is hazy)....

Regards,
-Brent W.

KrisW73

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 09:03:47 AM »
There was a video floating around (I want to say it was on John Ricci's site) and a Clark Pyramid WC board that someone had built.  You may want to start checking there.

BrentW

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 09:37:55 AM »
Well, I spent the last hour going through every picture on John's site and no luck.  There are no videos now (I think he used to have them).   I also searched every freakin Google page; who knew that Christina RICCI and the word "game" or "pyramid" would be so closely linked?  :-)  

If anyone knows where to point me to,  for this video, or pictures, or ANYTHING, help a poor boy out.  :-D

Gracios.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »
[quote name=\'BrentW\' post=\'142247\' date=\'Jan 5 2007, 08:12 AM\']On a barely tangential line of thought -- does anyone know how I might go about hiring someone to build a trilon-esque set of the Winner's Circle?  I'm talking about the board (I'll use chairs for where they sit).  No, I don't need lights and crap.  And no it doesn't need to be as big as the real one.  [/quote]
If you're really willing to spend money to hire someone, I don't think you need anybody with specialized game show expertise.  Show a decent general contractor one episode of the program and he'd probably be able to come up with something pretty easily.  The fundamental mechanics of it really aren't all that complicated.

Something even simpler would be to get the trilon idea out of your head and work with something a lot closer to being two-dimensional:  A large flat surface and cards that can be pulled out from behind, like the old Jeopardy board or, for that matter, something close to what the home versions of Pyramid are like.  Your buddies will be impressed by a large game board regardless of whether it authentically has spinning trilons.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:06:39 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 12:31:04 PM »
And if you absolutely have to have trilons, cardboard is your friend. You'll save literally hundreds of dollars.

BrentW

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 12:43:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'142327\' date=\'Jan 6 2007, 12:03 PM\']
  Your buddies will be impressed by a large game board regardless of whether it authentically has spinning trilons.
[/quote]

Oh, but I so LIVE for the trilon.  :-)

Kidding.  Actually that ain't a bad idea.  Maybe something where you can pull out the card (with the pyramid sign on it) and flip it around with the $$ amount on it.  That ain't bad at all.

Cardboard would work, but I don't know what to put it on, how to suspend it, etc.  When I was a kid, I used to use old video tape holders as the letter on WOF.  I had some collapsible shelves that I put the puzzles on, and I turned the letters.  ROFL!  Of course, I had only 12 tape holders, so the puzzles were always very short and Bonus-round-like.  Drove my parents nuts.  LOL  I'm sure I'm not the only boy here to have done that....

All right....I'll give it some thought.  I'll post the end result. If anyone ever digs up that old video that we think was on the Ricci site, lemme hear from ya.

Regards,
Brent