Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales '77-78 syndie version  (Read 2123 times)

Ian Wallis

Tattletales '77-78 syndie version
« on: November 20, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »
Since most of us haven't actually seen this version, I'm wondering if anyone knows the differences between the daytime version of Tattletales, and the once-weekly syndie version that ran in 1977-78?

In the past I've found out there was one fewer commercial break, meaning they went right from the third question into the fourth; and that the fee plugs were read at the end of the show instead of in the middle.

Were there always four questions, or did the extra time from one fewer commercial break allow them five questions on most shows?

Did the values still go $150-$150-$150-$300 as the did on the daytime version - or were they higher (which was a common practice for nighttime shows at the time)?

Anyone know anything about this version?  It's too bad GSN's never aired even one episode of it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »
Just today, I was thumbing through an old TV Guide from NY-PA and there was a half page display ad for the show which pictured all the gentlemen visable (Steve Allen, Hal Linden and Bert) on the set in tuxedos and the ladies in evening gowns.  So there's one difference from the daytime version.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:28:43 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'138358\' date=\'Nov 20 2006, 03:12 PM\']
Since most of us haven't actually seen this version, I'm wondering if anyone knows the differences between the daytime version of Tattletales, and the once-weekly syndie version that ran in 1977-78?

In the past I've found out there was one fewer commercial break, meaning they went right from the third question into the fourth; and that the fee plugs were read at the end of the show instead of in the middle.

Were there always four questions, or did the extra time from one fewer commercial break allow them five questions on most shows?

Did the values still go $150-$150-$150-$300 as the did on the daytime version - or were they higher (which was a common practice for nighttime shows at the time)?

Anyone know anything about this version?  It's too bad GSN's never aired even one episode of it.
[/quote]

Other than what you noted, it was exactly like the daytime version, including the stakes.  Prime access shows back then had five minutes of spots, which is only a minute less than network daytime, so that extra minute was probably not taken up with substantial game time.