Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR's new host?  (Read 8249 times)

cmjb13

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 08:41:29 AM »
Just to prepare the fanbois, Burton should be getting some brief camera time on 12/22.

At least that was the way it was recorded.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TimK2003

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2006, 10:11:31 AM »
Regarding the 3 un-televised Dave Price tryout shows coming up:

To those who go see the show(s) and are ultimately picked, will these contestants win anything, or will they be using TPIR Live budget-level prizes?

You just know there will be a few unsuspecting people who will go through the ordeal to see the show, wind up on stage and then come to find out that they may only win a 42-inch color TV at the end of the Golden Road, for example -- despite all the verbiage on the tickets saying this will not be as big as a Barker ep.

Clay Zambo

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2006, 10:26:07 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'138721\' date=\'Nov 24 2006, 10:11 AM\']
You just know there will be a few unsuspecting people who will go through the ordeal to see the show, wind up on stage and then come to find out that they may only win a 42-inch color TV at the end of the Golden Road, for example -- despite all the verbiage on the tickets saying this will not be as big as a Barker ep.
[/quote]

Which is still far better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.  Any such contestants who are unsatisfied with their winnings should send the 42-inch tvs to me.  ;)
czambo@mac.com

cmjb13

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2006, 10:55:26 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'138721\' date=\'Nov 24 2006, 10:11 AM\']
To those who go see the show(s) and are ultimately picked, will these contestants win anything, or will they be using TPIR Live budget-level prizes?
[/quote]
CBS.com says contestants can win $5,000 or more in cash
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Justin Dyer

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 06:59:59 AM »
Rumors of Dave Price have been going around for several years now. I don't know why executives insist on hiring people with no experience hosting game shows. (An exception is Howie Mandel. They went outside of the box with him, and it worked.) For something as big as TPIR, I hope they don't screw this up. Barker's repalcement is going to have big shoes to fill. If they get a person who can only read cue cards, has no spontaneity, and can't interact with the contestants, it will really kill the show. (Many have predicted the end of TPIR when Barker retires. The point is they need a good host to save the show.) I hear Patrick Wayne is available. Wouldn't he be great? Seriously, I was hoping for Todd Newton. I once read that Marc Summers always had a fantasy of Bob Barker physically handing him the microphone and having him step in as host.

Justin

Don Howard

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 07:31:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Justin Dyer\' post=\'138878\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 06:59 AM\']
I once read that Marc Summers always had a fantasy of Bob Barker physically handing him the microphone and having him step in as host.
[/quote]
For a long time, I've had a fantasy involving Brooke Burke, April Torres, Victoria Sinclair and some lotion.
That doesn't mean I can expect that to become reality.
If it does, however, I will make it my mission to get Chris Lemon hooked up with Heather Davis.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR's new host?
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 09:18:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'138879\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 04:31 AM\']
For a long time, I've had a fantasy involving Brooke Burke, April Torres, Victoria Sinclair and some lotion.
That doesn't mean I can expect that to become reality.
If it does, however, I will make it my mission to get Chris Lemon hooked up with Heather Davis.
[/quote]
I don't even know who those last two women are, and yet I am fully in support of this plan. :)

/I would hit that so hard that Dick would give me $50 an answer _and_ the $1100 bonus
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 09:19:50 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
TPIR's new host?
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 10:45:11 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'138881\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 06:18 AM\']
/I would hit that so hard that Dick would give me $50 an answer _and_ the $1100 bonus
[/quote]

Yes, friends, I do believe that's the Line of the Day.

/Of course, I'd rather have Amy Jo Johnson.  But most of you knew that.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

Matt Ottinger

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2006, 11:02:52 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'138881\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 09:18 AM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'138879\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 04:31 AM\']
For a long time, I've had a fantasy involving Brooke Burke, April Torres, Victoria Sinclair and some lotion.[/quote]
I don't even know who those last two women are, and yet I am fully in support of this plan. :)[/quote]

It's a good thing I have such a keen interest in professional broadcast journalism:

http://www.nakednews.com/
http://victoriasinclair.com/
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

rialtus

TPIR's new host?
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'138888\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 11:02 AM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'138881\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 09:18 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'138879\' date=\'Nov 27 2006, 04:31 AM\']For a long time, I've had a fantasy involving Brooke Burke, April Torres, Victoria Sinclair and some lotion.[/quote]I don't even know who those last two women are, and yet I am fully in support of this plan. :)[/quote]
It's a good thing I have such a keen interest in professional broadcast journalism:

http://www.nakednews.com/
http://victoriasinclair.com/[/quote]...and now I'm glad I read the complete thread before doing a Google search for those last two name. Ya know, since I'm at work. With Internet content filter. One that logs inappropriate activity. Yeah.

/GSF isn't inappropriate

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPIR's new host?
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »
I've heard it called a lot of things, but "lotion" is a new euphemism to me.