Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lots of GSN schedule change news!  (Read 10936 times)

Scott

Lots of GSN schedule change news!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 01:53:27 PM »
-Child's Play, eh?  I wasn't around the last time GSN aired this, but I've seen bits and pieces on the blooper shows.  

-I figured Combs Feud wouldn't be off weekdays for long.

-Gray WL: Here's hoping they air the second season episodes we missed out on last time.

MikeGameShowFan

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
Some of you people really crack me up.  You criticize Beverly, but you hang on every word that he says and break his news over here.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 12:09:18 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeGameShowFan\' post=\'134251\' date=\'Oct 12 2006, 08:48 AM\']
Some of you people really crack me up.  You criticize Beverly, but you hang on every word that he says and break his news over here.
[/quote]
So...

1) what's your point, and

2) how is filtering his "reporting" through a "fact" filter "hanging on every word that he says?"

What I've noticed happens here is that either one of our resident idiots posts something the Perfesser reported as OMG HE'S SO GREAT FACT because they're either unknowledable or too clueless to know the Perfesser's history, or someone with a clue posts something the Perfesser says with a "The Perfesser said this, so apply sodium liberally" disclaimer, and someone here with better journalistic practices gets to the bottom of it, and in the end we get useful information.

Personally, I don't read his page, ever, and could care less if it dropped off of the Internet tomorrow. My only exposure to him is what I see posted here.

I'm not saying that we don't have some folks here who fellate him at every opportunity, but I'd be interested in seeing an instance of what you've said above.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:20:45 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'134256\' date=\'Oct 12 2006, 12:09 PM\']
I'm not saying that we don't have some folks here who fellate him at every opportunity, but I'd be interested in seeing an instance of what you've said above.[/quote]
Actually, this very thread is an example of what Mike's talking about, and I agree with him.  What I've observed is that Beverly's website is quoted -- a LOT -- and just about every time, the quoter feels COMPELLED to say "but it's Beverly, so..."  Mike also did a good job pf prefacing with "some of you people", so if you're not visiting his site, and not reporting back about what he says, then Mike wasn't talking about you.

Meanwhile, if you're so convinced that Beverly is a faulty source of information, then stop quoting him as a source of information.  The simple truth is that when it comes to basic facts, Beverly is accurate just about as often as any other news source.  The last time he made an even remoely significant error of fact, it was that thing about whether Password episodes had survived, one throwaway line buried deep in a feature story, and people here treated it as if he said the sun came up in the north.

Meanwhile, I don't see ANYBODY here treating him with the OMG reverence that Chris mentioned.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'134259\' date=\'Oct 12 2006, 09:37 AM\']
Mike also did a good job pf prefacing with "some of you people", so if you're not visiting his site, and not reporting back about what he says, then Mike wasn't talking about you.
[/quote]
Absolutely true. I didn't take his comment as a personal affront.
Meanwhile, if you're so convinced that Beverly is a faulty source of information, then stop quoting him as a source of information.
I'm gonna assume that's a global "you're", too. 'Cuz I don't. I can't; I never see his reports firsthand to use them as a source.
Meanwhile, I don't see ANYBODY here treating him with the OMG reverence that Chris mentioned.
It's absolutely happened in the past, and by people who were / are regular users of this forum. Not by anyone who we wouldn't classify as an utter crackpot, yes, but it's happened.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:57:55 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 02:03:46 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'134264\' date=\'Oct 12 2006, 12:56 PM\']I'm gonna assume that's a global "you're", too. 'Cuz I don't. I can't; I never see his reports firsthand to use them as a source.[/quote]
Absolutely.  As Daffy Duck would say, "pronoun trouble."  

Broadly, Mike appeared to be commenting on the people who read Beverly regularly, use his site to report back here about some breaking news item or another, but still feel like they need to slam Beverly as they do it.  I'm saying I've seen that sort of thing a lot here, and it gets old.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

davemackey

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 06:30:41 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'134058\' date=\'Oct 10 2006, 11:02 PM\']
[quote name=\'matchgame\' post=\'133932\' date=\'Oct 9 2006, 05:52 AM\']
Any chance that GSN will consider "Now You See It" for one of these Ayem slots anytime soon?
[/quote]
Sure, they'll consider it.  Then they'll consider replacing it with CLICK after two weeks.

Doug
[/quote]
Doug, it will take untold years and dollars of psychoanalysis to cure the demons you've just unleashed by that one sentence. ;)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 07:18:40 PM »
Looks like GSN scrapped the "Breaking the Wishbone" marathon.
Scheisse.

--Jamie

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 08:13:12 AM »
According to Tivo, Secret is going into StarFace's 9:30 pm time slot starting 11/6. Odd move since they've effectively canned Secret, but less StarFace is always a good thing.
@lambertman

TV Favorites

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 04:36:55 PM »
And going into IGAS's old 11:30pm slot on 11/7...another episode of Match Game.

catnap1972

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 06:48:03 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'135903\' date=\'Oct 28 2006, 08:13 AM\']
According to Tivo, Secret is going into StarFace's 9:30 pm time slot starting 11/6. Odd move since they've effectively canned Secret, but less StarFace is always a good thing.
[/quote]

So I'm assuming Starface is also toast?

mcsittel

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 10:29:05 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'133838\' date=\'Oct 8 2006, 08:38 AM\']
 IN:
 Super Password at 4:30 (Yes, an hour of Super Password!)
[/quote]

** Anyone know if they'll start at day 1 on the 2nd weekday SP?  They're only a couple of months in on the Saturday 5pm CT show.  It would be nice to see them start with, say, 1987, just to see the later episodes aired rather than Loring/Sajak again...

Matt

mbc793

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 11:44:11 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' post=\'135950\' date=\'Oct 28 2006, 05:48 PM\']
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'135903\' date=\'Oct 28 2006, 08:13 AM\']
[/quote]

So I'm assuming Starface is also toast?
[/quote]

Well according to tvgameshows.net it looks like Starface is gone..it ends on Friday. But with ratings down, I don't know if it was a surprise..maybe to me it wasn't a surprise so I don't know.

Michael

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 10:51:26 AM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'136077\' date=\'Oct 29 2006, 09:29 PM\']
It would be nice to see them start with, say, 1987, just to see the later episodes aired rather than Loring/Sajak again...
[/quote]
They'll be in 1987 within about two months on the 4PM ET showing.  But the point about later episodes is well taken--I'd like them to start in 1988 myself.

Doug -- and the countdown to 2400 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

PYLW

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »
Looks like they're going to air two episodes a day, in taping order. They went from the All-Star Week to the next week that Super Password had taped.