Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password DVD game  (Read 2540 times)

Bob Zager

Password DVD game
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:56:11 PM »
Though I've seen the game listed on some websites in the last month, I saw the Password DVD game for the first time in a store--Linens 'N Things!  This, however, is in a collectible TIN box!

When clicking the link below, you'll get a view of it, and if you advance to the second page, you'll see tin boxed versions of Newlywed Game DVD, and TPIR DVD (which was available last year at this time, at Kohl's).

http://www.lnt.com/family/index.jsp?catego...1346212.2205697

Though I didn't buy it, yet, I saw on the bottom of the box, some screen illustrations, which show a cartoonish animated host--Charmin' Chuck Harmon--with a background made to look like the popular 60's edition set.  There was no mention, nor illustration giving a clue as to whether the scoring system is just like the box game, or the TV show (playing to 25 points).

Jimmy Owen

Password DVD game
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »
I'll wait until you can get it at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

Password DVD game
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »
I'll have to check out the local "Linens 'n Things" on the way home from work tonight as it's literally on the way. That the only game they have, or are there others?

And yes, BB&B *does* need to get the game. Talk about one-stop shopping for game show fans..............;)

tvrandywest

Password DVD game
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:23:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'135217\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 09:56 AM\']
...  in a collectible TIN box...[/quote]
I'm looking at the copy I've had for about a month, and there's no tin box. It's packaged as the TPiR game was. Now I want a tin box!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Password DVD game
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 02:41:10 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'135232\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 11:23 AM\']
I'm looking at the copy I've had for about a month, and there's no tin box. It's packaged as the TPiR game was. Now I want a tin box!
[/quote]
Have you cracked it open yet? I'd be interested in knowing how it works. Did they stick with the silly "red glasses" idea?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

Password DVD game
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 03:33:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'135235\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 01:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'135232\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 11:23 AM\']
[/quote]
Have you cracked it open yet? I'd be interested in knowing how it works. Did they stick with the silly "red glasses" idea? [/quote]
Seeing as how the tin box picture has glasses, I'd say yes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Password DVD game
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'135240\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 12:33 PM\']
[/quote]
Ah. I admit I didn't bother to look. That's disappointing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

Password DVD game
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 04:14:24 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'135244\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 04:05 PM\']
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'135240\' date=\'Oct 21 2006, 12:33 PM\']
[/quote]
Ah. I admit I didn't bother to look. That's disappointing.
[/quote]

Even less promising is the screengrab on the back of the box, which shows the "hidden" Password. Seeing it in a store for the first time yesterday, I could read the word plain as day on that itty-bitty thumbnail. Concerns me to think what it looks like on a television screen.

bwood

Password DVD game
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 02:18:35 PM »
I found it in a game store at the mall in Vienna, WV (they just opened a game store in there). That store was a game show lover's dream (Deluxe Wheel, Banzai DVD game, LMAD DVD, TPIR DVD, FF 2nd Ed. DVD, and more) but I would have had a lot of money in games. I bought it and I have to say that it's pretty cool. The glasses DO NOT work very well. It comes up before the game starts and shows you an example password and tells you to set the color, etc on your tv so you can't see it...but I don't want to do that. Why would I want to set my color every time I play it when I have the color set for how I watch tv? So, when we play the people just look away (it doesn't show the password the whole time, so you can tell them when to look, I think it may actually "ding" when the password is no longer shown). I think this game is very well done. It has a totally Password retro feel to it and I think it's pretty neat. It was well worth the $20 I think, we've had a lot of fun so far. The lightning round is a little flawed, they just list all of the words on a list, and you're only playing for extra points AFTER you've already won the game, which by then is really pointless, since the game is over after the round. All in all though, it's not a bad game! I'm impressed.

On a side note, if you have any Ollie's Bargain Outlets (http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/) near you, it seems thay have bought a lot of Endless Games' old stock. I bought a copy of Card Sharks there for $5, and also found copies of Beat The Clock, Password, and a few other game show titles.

aaron sica

Password DVD game
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 02:24:38 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'135313\' date=\'Oct 22 2006, 02:18 PM\']
On a side note, if you have any Ollie's Bargain Outlets (http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/) near you, it seems thay have bought a lot of Endless Games' old stock. I bought a copy of Card Sharks there for $5, and also found copies of Beat The Clock, Password, and a few other game show titles.
[/quote]

Also, if any of you have "Five Below" around, they also carry same said games.