Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND: Great White North Edition....  (Read 3326 times)

weaklink75

DoND: Great White North Edition....
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »
A Canadian network is taping 5 shows in January just for their own audience... Interesting to see that they decided to tape in Toronto (which means building a set), rather than just bring the contestants down from Canada to LA....and this probably means they're going to have 26 different models..*Bad Joke Alert* Maybe they can get Tricia Helfer for Case 6.....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:11:47 PM by weaklink75 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'135393\' date=\'Oct 23 2006, 01:08 PM\']
A Canadian network is taping 5 shows in January just for their own audience... Interesting to see that they decided to tape in Toronto (which means building a set), rather than just bring the contestants down from Canada to LA...
[/quote]
Makes perfect sense to me. If they tape in Toronto with a Toronto crew, it will be infinitely easier to satisfy CanCon requirements than it would if they tried to do it in LA.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
Since Howie Mandel is Canadian, there wouldn't be a need to have a co-host (a la "The New Chain Reaction"), correct?

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'135395\' date=\'Oct 23 2006, 04:45 PM\']
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'135393\' date=\'Oct 23 2006, 01:08 PM\']
A Canadian network is taping 5 shows in January just for their own audience... Interesting to see that they decided to tape in Toronto (which means building a set), rather than just bring the contestants down from Canada to LA...
[/quote]
Makes perfect sense to me. If they tape in Toronto with a Toronto crew, it will be infinitely easier to satisfy CanCon requirements than it would if they tried to do it in LA.
[/quote]

I understand that, but when they did the Canadian WWTBAM, they just brought the players down to NYC....and the Millionaire set I would think is cheaper to build than a Deal set...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'135397\' date=\'Oct 23 2006, 02:20 PM\']
I understand that, but when they did the Canadian WWTBAM, they just brought the players down to NYC....and the Millionaire set I would think is cheaper to build than a Deal set...
[/quote]
It was probably easier to transport a Canadian crew to NYC than it would be to do the same to LA.

Plus, Howie being Canadian doesn't mean much when you have 26 other people on-set who may or may not be.

Long run, I'm guessing they decided the one-time expense of a set outweighed continual travel costs from Toronto to LA.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mcsittel

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 05:43:16 PM »
Maybe they'll put little maple leaves on each case... and the DOND logo will have a maple leaf inside the O (like Wendy's in Canada where the apostrophe is a maple leaf instead).

Global's got it!  Ian, start rolling the tape (and send more poutine)!

Matt
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:44:01 PM by mcsittel »

vtown7

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 05:25:13 AM »
I'm thrilled that we're going to get a chance at this show!  It's been quite a while since Canadian WWTBAM!

Ryan :)

vtown7

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »
Update from ET Canada: One needs to log on at noon eastern tomorrow (Tuesday) to get an application form (which can be filled out online or mailed in)... but you have to get them in by Friday, November 7th.

And that's quoted verbatim from the show - sadly I guess we'll have to figure out soon enough if that's really a Friday or if it's really the 7th.  Cause it can't be both...

MrGameShow

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 12:22:18 AM »
For those interested.. here's the link to the Applications from GlobalTV:

DOND Canada Applications

And the deadline is Friday, November *17*.. not 7th. ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 12:25:09 AM by MrGameShow »

vtown7

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 07:21:44 AM »
I guess they corrected that on the website then :)  Apparently I should cross check ET with something else right? :)

The form seems very similar to the US one - except that we don't need videos.  I'm curious: does anyone know in the US version if your supporters have to be with you all the way in that process as well?