Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New seasons of Feud and Millionaire  (Read 5545 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
New seasons of Feud and Millionaire
« on: September 13, 2006, 04:26:23 PM »
So, how 'bout them new seasons of Feud and Millionaire?

Not too much different to note about the new season of Millionaire -- same set, same host, same question types (the last aired question on Tuesday's first-run episode -- how were you supposed to know that?). I did notice that AOL is no longer a part of Ask the Audience, which, while having no effect on the gameplay, takes away the depression induced by seeing some of those poll results.

Most of the Feud changes have been discussed elsewhere, but one very minor thing that I noticed -- when the total changes on the plasma TV above the board, the number increases to the new total, then very briefly flashes back to the old total before settling on the new total again. It's an effect very similar to the changing of the old scoreboards in Dawson's version -- perhaps a detail from the new game control software that they neglected to remove when they changed the graphics?

I also notice that they're still restricting the number of points available on the third question even though John O'Hurley already looks capable of filling time if a family wins early -- here's hoping they realize that they can now stop doing that.

Glad to have new episodes again!

--
Scott Robinson

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 04:53:22 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'131405\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 04:26 PM\']
Not too much different to note about the new season of Millionaire -- same set, same host, same question types (the last aired question on Tuesday's first-run episode -- how were you supposed to know that?). I did notice that AOL is no longer a part of Ask the Audience, which, while having no effect on the gameplay, takes away the depression induced by seeing some of those poll results.
[/quote]

I often thought many of the people voting on AOL where intentionally trying to screw with the contestant.

Some it its wrong answers were obviously wrong.

RandallShane

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Chuck Sutton\' post=\'131407\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 04:53 PM\']
I often thought many of the people voting on AOL where intentionally trying to screw with the contestant.

Some it its wrong answers were obviously wrong.
[/quote]
True, but it's going away took a possible tactic with it.  Using the ask the audience, knowing that your PAF was also on AIM, so the PAF would have additional time to search for the answer...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »
[quote name=\'RandallShane\' post=\'131553\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 04:58 PM\']
True, but it's going away took a possible tactic with it.  Using the ask the audience, knowing that your PAF was also on AIM, so the PAF would have additional time to search for the answer...
[/quote]
Any player willing to burn that lifeline only in preparation to burn one immediately after it deserves to walk away with not one single thin dime.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

RandallShane

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 08:30:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'131555\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 08:18 PM\']
Any player willing to burn that lifeline only in preparation to burn one immediately after it deserves to walk away with not one single thin dime.
[/quote]
If your PAF is going to be dependent on Google, 3 or 4 minutes of searching is better than 30 seconds.  Spending two lifelines for what might be a guaranteed correct answer might have been worth it in the right situation.

Of course, considering how I did, you might want to take the plan with several grains of salt.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 08:57:02 PM »
[quote name=\'RandallShane\' post=\'131559\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 07:30 PM\']
If your PAF is going to be dependent on Google, 3 or 4 minutes of searching is better than 30 seconds.  Spending two lifelines for what might be a guaranteed correct answer might have been worth it in the right situation. [/quote]
Um, yeah.
Of course, considering how I did, you might want to take the plan with several grains of salt.
And how did you do?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Fedya

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'131555\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 08:18 PM\']
[quote name=\'RandallShane\' post=\'131553\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 04:58 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Including on the $1M question?  :-p

(Just playing Devil's Advocate....)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

RandallShane

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 10:42:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'131560\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 08:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'RandallShane\' post=\'131559\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 07:30 PM\']
If your PAF is going to be dependent on Google, 3 or 4 minutes of searching is better than 30 seconds.  Spending two lifelines for what might be a guaranteed correct answer might have been worth it in the right situation. [/quote]
Um, yeah.
And how did you do?
[/quote]
I'd answer, but the show was broadcast today -- how much spoiler space is appropriate?

dzinkin

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:49:59 PM »
[quote name=\'RandallShane\' post=\'131572\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 10:42 PM\']
I'd answer, but the show was broadcast today -- how much spoiler space is appropriate?
[/quote]
You really don't need spoiler space per se, as all posts about results are supposed to go in Show Summaries, not here.  Some do it as an extra measure of courtesy but it's assumed -- or should be, as we've warned numerous times -- that once you choose to read any post in that subforum, you may see a spoiler.

Just keep the post in Show Summaries, limit the subject to a show name and date so people don't see a spoiler merely by reading the list, and don't post results of shows that haven't yet aired, and you should be fine.

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 11:49:10 PM »
I also notice that they're still restricting the number of points available on the third question even though John O'Hurley already looks capable of filling time if a family wins early -- here's hoping they realize that they can now stop doing that.
[/quote]
On today's show (only one FF is telecast in my area) three questions decided the game and Fast Money was broken up into two segments. And, as you surmised, John was terrific. Plus, we got a full credit scroll. Is that the only show now that rolls the credits in the middle of the screen?

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'131594\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 11:49 PM\']
[/quote]
On today's show (only one FF is telecast in my area) three questions decided the game and Fast Money was broken up into two segments. And, as you surmised, John was terrific. Plus, we got a full credit scroll. Is that the only show now that rolls the credits in the middle of the screen?
[/quote]
Wait, doesn't Wheel still do a scroll, instead of "lower-thirds"?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

RandallShane

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 12:22:35 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'131575\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 10:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'RandallShane\' post=\'131572\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 10:42 PM\']
[/quote]
You really don't need spoiler space per se, as all posts about results are supposed to go in Show Summaries, not here.  Some do it as an extra measure of courtesy but it's assumed -- or should be, as we've warned numerous times -- that once you choose to read any post in that subforum, you may see a spoiler.

Just keep the post in Show Summaries, limit the subject to a show name and date so people don't see a spoiler merely by reading the list, and don't post results of shows that haven't yet aired, and you should be fine.
[/quote]

Okay, thanks!

Modor, the answer to your question is in the Show Summaries subforum, as soon as a moderator approves it.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 10:11:57 AM »
Hmmmm... with the Feud double run in my area (which still airs at 2 PM in my area this season on WRLH FOX, BTW), I see earlier taped episodes still start shows off with "It's time to play.....Family Feud!" But then, it goes on to the original introductions, and then "On your marks!" before Burton introduces John O' Hurley.

Too bad they dropped the Ask-The-Audience AIM gag for WWTBAM. That sounded kinda nifty.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 12:11:06 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'131651\' date=\'Sep 15 2006, 10:11 AM\']
Too bad they dropped the Ask-The-Audience AIM gag for WWTBAM. That sounded kinda nifty.
[/quote]

1.)  You clearly have no idea what "gag" means.

2.)  It was pointless.  All it did was show that AOL users are dumber than the people who go to the tapings.

aaron sica

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 01:01:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'131667\' date=\'Sep 15 2006, 12:11 PM\']
2.)  It was pointless.  All it did was show that AOL users are dumber than the people who go to the tapings.
[/quote]

Additionally, as mentioned before, it's possible the AOL users could answer the question wrong deliberately...