Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you would like to be a contestant on Family Feud live...  (Read 3588 times)

cmjb13

If you would like to be a contestant on Family Feud live...
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »
Apparently the run originally scheduled until November has quietly ended a few weeks ago (per Showboat).

It's too bad, as I thought the show was very good. But the crowds just weren't there (at least the 3 times I went)

Hopefully, another show will take it's place.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:41:59 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »
Fremantle and Harrah's are enjoying tremendous success with the little experiment with live shows that started quietly in Reno more than 3 years ago. View the changes (present and future) in Atlantic City as part of the continuing evolution. Meanwhile, consider yourself invited to "Come On Down" to the Vegas strip to see how hugely popular TPiR-Live has become.

Sometimes it seems as though the entire city of Las Vegas is a giant "Price Is Right" audience, populated with people who love nothing more than to play and win. Fill Bally's giant Jubilee Showroom with close to 1,000 of these fun folks who will gladly shed their inhibitions to get caught up in the excitement, and the room rocks!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:58:41 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'131514\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 12:57 PM\'] Sometimes it seems as though the entire city of Las Vegas is a giant "Price Is Right" audience, populated with people who love nothing more than to play and win.[/quote]
There ya go, fixed it.

/Yes, it's a joke.
//Don't start throwing tomatoes now.
///Tomatoes taste good, though.
////But not when they've been on my person.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:12:39 PM by WhammyPower »

DrBear

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:33:19 PM »
Now, Las Vegas is just like any other growing city that has slot machines in the 7-11s.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

goongas

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 03:45:34 PM »
I didn't think the show was very good, but I am sad to see it go.  Harrahs figured if they weren't coming during the busy summer season, they weren't going to come during the fall.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:45:50 PM by goongas »

Casey

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:28:21 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'131515\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 01:12 PM\']
/Yes, it's a joke.
//Don't start throwing tomatoes now.
///Tomatoes taste good, though.
////But not when they've been on my person.
[/quote]
OK, I finally have to ask this.  And I'm not singling out WhammyPower (well, I guess I am) but just quoting this as an example...  What is with the recent, yet incessant use of nested /'s in an attempt to say what you presume is funny or sarcastic?  Why do it?  Is it cool?  (Am I too old now that I'm in my 30s??)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 06:54:48 PM »
I caught TPIR Live back in August and everything Randy says is true. What is remarkable about TPIR Live is that the audiences a) know they won't be on national television, b) know they won't see Bob Barker in person, and c) chances are that out of 750 - 1,000 people in the audience, they won't be called to "Come on down!" Yet the stage show audiences (who paid $35 each to get in) get every bit as whipped up with excitement as any audience in studio 33 (who paid $0 each to get in). Unlike the TV show where you never see the announcer, Randy is an integral part of the stage show because it's all about what happens inside the theater as opposed to what goes on TV. Several aspects of the stage show are "downsized": it's bizarre seeing One Bid prizes under $100, and the overall presentation of One Bid prizes is substantially less slick than on TV. Due to the nature of the show contestants are not screened in advance, and this makes you really appreciate the folks who screen contestants for television. The stage show also makes you really appreciate the impeccable workmanship of the fine stage and technical crews at CBS Television City. Once you take in the live show you'll see what I mean.

On the day I was there a contestant gave what everyone thought was an outlandish bid on her last Cliffhangers prize. Up went the mountain climber, yodelers yodeling away ... 19 ... 20 ... 21 ... 22 ... everyone thought the end was near when the mountain climber stopped at 23. When they heard that "ping", the audience let out such a cheer it would have knocked your socks off. All of this goes to prove that a solid format trumps mo' money and lavish prizes (and even downsized production values) every time.

Edd Kalehoff must be making some handsome change from this show with his compositions throughout.

I keep telling everyone that the next stage show to try is Card Sharks.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:00:37 PM by chris319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 06:58:58 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'131547\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 03:28 PM\']
OK, I finally have to ask this.  And I'm not singling out WhammyPower (well, I guess I am) but just quoting this as an example...  What is with the recent, yet incessant use of nested /'s in an attempt to say what you presume is funny or sarcastic?  Why do it?  Is it cool?  (Am I too old now that I'm in my 30s??)
[/quote]
It's a Farkism (http://www.fark.com), harkening back to the days when a slash was used to denote a comment in program code.

There are a few Farkers among us.

/because
//yes
(///nope, just not a coder, apparently)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:59:24 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'131551\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 05:58 PM\']
It's a Farkism (http://www.fark.com), harkening back to the days when a slash was used to denote a comment in program code.
[/quote]
Got it.  C/C++/Java were never my forté, although now it does make sense.  I'm more of a column 7 * and -- man myself :-)  

But thanks for clueing me in, I really felt like I was missing something.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 08:21:20 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' post=\'131554\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 05:06 PM\']
Got it.  C/C++/Java were never my forté, although now it does make sense.  I'm more of a column 7 * and -- man myself :-)  

But thanks for clueing me in, I really felt like I was missing something.
[/quote]
Yep yep. Me, I'm all about the {curly braces}. But if it's good enough for Fark, it's good enough for me. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 12:50:15 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'131556\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 07:21 PM\']

Yep yep. Me, I'm all about the {curly braces}. But if it's good enough for Fark, it's good enough for me. :)
[/quote]

O RLY

/Duke sucks
//Attempt at humor - what could possibly go wrong?
///Your dog wants a better joke
////Oil prices down despite my lame attempt at a joke
/////Five slashies - EVERYBODY PANIC

(goes and sits in the corner)