Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another 50 List  (Read 877 times)

uncamark

Another 50 List
« on: August 24, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »
The Radio Times, one of the UK's TV Guide equivalents (owned by the BBC--the other, TV Times, used to be owned by ITV back in the days when the networks there treated schedules as precious intellectual property and had major restrictions on their printing), has an article in their current issue on the worst British TV shows of all time (a tie-in with a show on bad TV on Channel 4, so it seems).  The Radio Times won't post articles on their web site, but here's an article on the article:

http://entertainment.pipex.com/pipex/story...1432777,00.html

Needless to say, there are game shows on the list, with the infamous Channel 5 show "Naked Jungle," in which host Keith Chegwin dressed like the contestants (that is, wearing nothing) at the very top.  The relevant titles and their position:

1 Naked Jungle (2000)

31 Family Fortunes (1980-2002)

Yes, the UK-ization of "Feud."

39 Going For Gold (1987-1996)

Some of your mouths may fly open at this.

40 3-2-1 (1978-1987)

Actually, this show may not play well to contemporary audiences, with the song-and-dance numbers and so forth.

47 Fort Boyard (1998-2002)

Another possible shocker.

I didn't include some reality comp shows that most of us Yanks don't consider game shows, even if our friends across the pond do.

I'm wondering if the guy who compiled this list just isn't a game show fan, unless it's the "HIGNFY" school of panel show.

Brig Bother

Another 50 List
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 01:26:02 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'128914\' date=\'Aug 24 2006, 05:39 PM\']

I'm wondering if the guy who compiled this list just isn't a game show fan, unless it's the "HIGNFY" school of panel show.
[/quote]

I think he's just attention seeking, there's no way many of the shows on the list are amongst the actual 50 UK worst shows ever made.