Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price Is Right UK  (Read 2292 times)

TravisP

The Price Is Right UK
« on: August 13, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
Since many US fans hate the UK revival, ITV must be doing something right here in terms of ratings. After already airing half of the 150 produced episodes they are set to record 30 new episodes in September which will air on Saturday nights later this year. Expected to air around the 6pm slot it will go against Deal or No Deal. Since the rest of the night is already set in stone for X-Factor, Saturday Night Takeaway & Millionaire.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=1...-name_page.html

remlap

The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
Must be a cash cow for ITV, we have already seen how the 1 hour format is played with Joe and to be honest I hate it.

I just hope these specials use the US one hour format and they atleast add a read out to the wheel.

Brandon Brooks

The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 11:45:55 AM »
Oh, well.  Let them eat stale, moldy cake.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 11:46:06 AM by Brandon Brooks »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 01:47:01 PM »
I can't say I hated what I saw, I just don't see what the Brits see in Joe Pasquale. What's amusing or heartwarming or whatever about this guy?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »
Hopefully as a weekly, it should show up on various bittorrent websites which shall not be named here.
@lambertman

remlap

The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 02:11:59 PM »
I dont understand the future of the show though, one episode daily at 5pm for half hour and one hour show on the weekend?

urbanpreppie05

The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 06:11:10 PM »
As a fan of our TPIR, I don't hate the current UK TPIR. In fact, I give them credit for trying something different when ours has looked virtually the same for the last 30+ years. And obviously, it's working.

Would I like our version to go to a style like this? Not exactly. Does it work for them? Absoultely.
insert signature here

gamenut

The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 02:01:47 AM »
I maybe an outcast but to be honest but i like this version. Its music is hip and trendy, the host is funny, and the games are better looking than the ones here.

also one question. How's the one hour version played

remlap

The Price Is Right UK
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 05:28:04 PM »
[quote name=\'gamenut\' post=\'128165\' date=\'Aug 20 2006, 07:01 AM\']
also one question. How's the one hour version played
[/quote]

First three games then a showcase showdown, then contestants row was cleared of any remaining players for some unknown reason other than I think so Joe can have four fresh new faces to chat with.

Then three more games another showcase showdown then a two person spin off with the winners of the two showdowns to find out who goes on the range finder then showcase.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 05:29:22 PM by remlap »