Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Audition Information & Tips  (Read 12390 times)

tvwxman

Audition Information & Tips
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2006, 08:23:05 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'132701\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 07:43 PM\']
Oh yeah, I was rejected for Millionaire.  As my mom explained to me, you probably answered to many questions correctly.
[/quote]
Can Moms get "Line of the Day" honors? Cause we have a candidate.

/Mr Mom, Michael Keaton, was never on a game show. Not to my knowledge, but my mom says it's true.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:23:47 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2006, 08:30:09 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'132701\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 04:43 PM\']
Oh yeah, I was rejected for Millionaire.  As my mom explained to me, you probably answered to many questions correctly.
[/quote]
This might be the funniest post I have ever read.

How IS Bonnie, anyhow?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve McClellan

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2006, 08:59:28 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'132701\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 07:43 PM\']Is there any time I should get on the site to take the test?[/quote]
5 minutes after the test starts.

[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 07:43 PM\']Is there any tips you can give on taking the test?[/quote]
Since 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, answer each question "42".
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:00:58 PM by Steve McClellan »

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 10:40:01 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'132701\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 07:43 PM\']I signed up online Jeopardy College Test, and will be taking it tomorrow night.  Is there any time I should get on the site to take the test?[/quote]
http://www.jeopardy.com/onlinetest/flash_index.php

"TEST TUTORIAL"

Ahem.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 01:01:07 AM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'132701\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 07:43 PM\']
[/quote]

Your mother is always right. Remember that. :)

I have a feeling I'm gonna feel your pain in about a week- I tried out for Millionaire (pop culture) two weeks ago, and even though I think I did fairly well, I might have choked a little in the interview. Still, it was the first test for a show that I passed (I don't count the time I qualified for Super Millionaire because it really wasn't a test per se), so I can count that as a moral victory. (And I did get four questions wrong anyway, so maybe that might be a good sign- I sure as hell don't know.)

I'm gonna go back to goongas' post of August 15 and just post what appeared on my application as well.

1. What is the first thing you would do with $1 million?
4. Complete this sentence You'd never believe it but I...
5. What is your most embarrassing moment?
6. I could be in the Guinness Book of World Records for...?

I still honestly don't understand the point of question #6 on goongas' list, but hey, not my fault for them putting it there.

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience, save for my portable CD player being broken when I dropped it on the sidewalk accidentally (yes, I still like portable CD players despite everyone around me saying "get an iPod").

Hopefully this all turns out for the best so I can join the list of board members who've been on game shows.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2006, 11:19:45 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'132753\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 01:01 AM\']
1. What is the first thing you would do with $1 million?
4. Complete this sentence You'd never believe it but I...
5. What is your most embarrassing moment?
6. I could be in the Guinness Book of World Records for...?
I still honestly don't understand the point of question #6 on goongas' list, but hey, not my fault for them putting it there.[/quote]
Much like #4 and #5, it's just a cute way for them to draw out interesting information about you.  And make no mistake, it's your answers to those questions that have a lot more to do with whether you're selected than how well you did on their test, so don't blow them off no matter how weird they sound.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2006, 12:06:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'132775\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 11:19 AM\']
Much like #4 and #5, it's just a cute way for them to draw out interesting information about you.  And make no mistake, it's your answers to those questions that have a lot more to do with whether you're selected than how well you did on their test, so don't blow them off no matter how weird they sound.
[/quote]

Believe me, I didn't blow 'em off.

It was always in my mind that I was trying to sell myself to the production staff there, and I hope I did the best I could.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

rebelwrest

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2006, 10:00:22 PM »
At one time I heard that the Jeopardy! college test consists of 50 $1000 question (before they double the amounts).  Some of the questions were downright easy.  They gave you 15 seconds for each question, but if you got done early, you could go to the next question (It took me about 8 minutes for the test); I think I got 42 or 43 correct.  Now it is all on how I did and how lucky I am.  At least, I didn't have to pay a dime in order to try to take the test.  

I am shocked I did so well considering (Unsubstantiated, unsourced rumor deleted by moderator. -DZ)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:41:50 PM by dzinkin »
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 01:01:24 AM »
[quote post=\'132846\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 10:00 PM\']
(Unsubstantiated, unsourced rumor deleted by moderator. -DZ)
[/quote]
You're killin' me! "Alex has a hit out on me?" "All knowledge is an illusion?"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

tvwxman

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 08:00:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'132865\' date=\'Sep 28 2006, 01:01 AM\']
[quote post=\'132846\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 10:00 PM\']
(Unsubstantiated, unsourced rumor deleted by moderator. -DZ)
[/quote]
You're killin' me! "Alex has a hit out on me?" "All knowledge is an illusion?"
[/quote]

"He was drunk, just like on High Rollers finale?"
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Ian Wallis

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »
And make no mistake, it's your answers to those questions that have a lot more to do with whether you're selected than how well you did on their test, so don't blow them off no matter how weird they sound.

Part of my problem...(and I guess everybody's)...is making them sound interesting.  I don't really have a "most embarrasing moment" - not one that stands out anyway.  Having to decide on one and then write an interesting story about it would be tough.  

\Maybe that's why I've never been picked for anything :(
\\Hey look, I'm using these for the first time!
\\\Who the hell invented these anyway?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

goongas

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2006, 12:42:32 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'132846\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 10:00 PM\']
At one time I heard that the Jeopardy! college test consists of 50 $1000 question (before they double the amounts).  Some of the questions were downright easy.  They gave you 15 seconds for each question, but if you got done early, you could go to the next question (It took me about 8 minutes for the test); I think I got 42 or 43 correct.  Now it is all on how I did and how lucky I am.  At least, I didn't have to pay a dime in order to try to take the test.  

I am shocked I did so well considering (Unsubstantiated, unsourced rumor deleted by moderator. -DZ)
[/quote]

They are going to have some easy questions in there, so they don't alienate viewers of the show and make them feel bad that they got only a few correct.