Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Bidding War Over  (Read 1083 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Millionaire Bidding War Over
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:30:11 PM »
Beneath the GSN PR blitzing, Buzzer has this little blurb.

UPI announced...that Dutch company 2waytraffic has puchased the international rights and UK library to arguably the most popular show in worldwide TV history: "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" It is reported that the company paid $200 million dollars for the rights, beating out "Deal or No Deal" production company Endemol and Chris Tarrant, host of the UK edition.

Alex goes on to say that 2way wants to make the show even more interactive and thus, more opportunities for raking in more money.  I don't know how instantaneous the changes will be, but it will be interesting what they will be, if any.  This also ends the notion of an Endemol tyranny over the international television industry.

Thoughts?  Comments?
This signature is currently under construction.

gtbecbp

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:11:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'125912\' date=\'Aug 1 2006, 12:30 PM\']
Beneath the GSN PR blitzing, Buzzer has this little blurb.

UPI announced...that Dutch company 2waytraffic has puchased the international rights and UK library to arguably the most popular show in worldwide TV history: "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" It is reported that the company paid $200 million dollars for the rights, beating out "Deal or No Deal" production company Endemol and Chris Tarrant, host of the UK edition.

Alex goes on to say that 2way wants to make the show even more interactive and thus, more opportunities for raking in more money.  I don't know how instantaneous the changes will be, but it will be interesting what they will be, if any.  This also ends the notion of an Endemol tyranny over the international television industry.

Thoughts?  Comments?
[/quote]

It would seem that greater interactivity could help to extend the viability of the franchise, besides for possibly increasing current profit.  

Ben

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:44:43 PM »
[quote name=\'gtbecbp\' post=\'125932\' date=\'Aug 1 2006, 04:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'125912\' date=\'Aug 1 2006, 12:30 PM\']
[/quote]

It would seem that greater interactivity could help to extend the viability of the franchise, besides for possibly increasing current profit.  
[/quote]

Absolutely, I'd love for the US version to have some more interactivity.  Why, they could even have a phone number where people could dial in, play a game, and win a trip to New York to be a contestant!

/smarmyness off
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »
That deserves something.  Not sure what, but something should be in order.

On a more serious note, we may get to the point where home players really could win a chance to get on the show and drive us nuts. (It could be called "Text in And Llama Week")

In all likelihood, Ask the Audience just got a new Audience.
This signature is currently under construction.