Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show formats that wouldn't last no matter WHO is the host  (Read 4703 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Game show formats that wouldn't last no matter WHO is the host
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 02:52:01 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'123759\' date=\'Jul 9 2006, 11:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'123758\' date=\'Jul 9 2006, 11:22 PM\']BTW, when was the last time a daytime contestant won $1 million? [/quote]Nancy Christy won the money in May of 2003. Since then they've had one $500,000 winner, and it goes downhill from there. I like that it's a hard prize to win. It's One Million Dollars. It should be HARD.
[/quote]
How many daytime contestants have there been? Zach?

Steve McClellan

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 03:57:34 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 9 2006, 11:52 PM\']How many daytime contestants have there been? Zach?[/quote]
I am not now, nor to my knowledge have I ever been, Zach Horan, but...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 04:03:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' post=\'123762\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 02:57 AM\']
I am not now, nor to my knowledge have I ever been, Zach Horan, but...
[/quote]
Thank goodness.
One is already too many.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »
The connection word game in the early eps was about like the tossup questions on "Gambit" and "HR" without the trick of withholding information to encourage early buzz-ins.

The second Q&A format seemed to be more like wacky "Squares" questions, like the second "Jackpot" format--Bolen seemed to be convinced that they could work without scripted one-line responses from celeb panelists.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 03:40:12 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'123798\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 02:48 PM\']
The connection word game in the early eps was about like the tossup questions on "Gambit" and "HR" without the trick of withholding information to encourage early buzz-ins.

The second Q&A format seemed to be more like wacky "Squares" questions, like the second "Jackpot" format--Bolen seemed to be convinced that they could work without scripted one-line responses from celeb panelists.
[/quote]

I assume you're talking about Blank Check?  How exactly did that work anyway?  They never had celebrities on that show as far as I can remember.  Did they have contestants give the one-liners?  I remember watching episodes with the different format but after all these years I just can't remember how it went.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'123810\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 02:40 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'123798\' date=\'Jul 10 2006, 02:48 PM\']

[/quote]

I assume you're talking about Blank Check?  How exactly did that work anyway?  They never had celebrities on that show as far as I can remember.  Did they have contestants give the one-liners?  I remember watching episodes with the different format but after all these years I just can't remember how it went.
[/quote]

I was referring to "Blank Check."  Sorry.

No one-liners--just wacky questions with magazine attributions.  As I said, Bolen seemed to think that they would work without joke answers.