Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UK WWTBAM news  (Read 1346 times)

brianhenke

UK WWTBAM news
« on: September 04, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »
The original British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire will return to the airwaves of Blighty next week with celebrities (OH NO!) - but this time they will team up with the three contestants who won the top prize honestly.

Tara Palmer-Tomlinson, TV host Judith Chalmers and soccer goaltender David Seaman will team up with the show's three top winners in a celebrity-champ (why ABC didn't do this I don't know - maybe it would have had more appeal than supermodels, fading TV stars, etc.) version with money being raised for charity. The tourney is marking the show's fifth anniversary on ITV.

Brian

Start spreading the word?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

dougal18

UK WWTBAM news
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 05:24:35 AM »
According to The Sun newspaper Keppel and Seaman almost trip at the £500 question.  Judith says the wrong answer but the computer goes blank.  They are given a new question.  

ITV can't have their honest Millionaires having Marsupial Moments now can they?

Actually the celebrity specials are episodes 2 (today) and 3 (Tuesday) of the new series.  It kicked off on the 30th of August.  Contestants won £16,000 , £1,000 and a bloke will return next Saturday for his £250,000 question.  Those Mammoth Caves!

I'll recap tonights episode if anyone wants me to.