Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Shows & Lottery  (Read 1797 times)

JTFriends1

Game Shows & Lottery
« on: September 04, 2003, 12:55:31 AM »
Well, I've seen Wheel of Fortune, (Jeopardy?), Let's Make a Deal, The Price is Right instant lottery games - well, Oregon now has one based on the current Pyramid.  Nothing with words though, just number matching.  You can check it out at oregonlottery.org.  Any other game show related instant tickets out there?

zachhoran

Game Shows & Lottery
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 07:44:37 AM »
I think NJ had a Hollywood Squares based lottery ticket recently, with a prize of a trip to Hollywood to be in the audience and possibly try out for Squares. I think a similar trip was also a prize with the WOF tickets.

Michael Brandenburg

Game Shows & Lottery
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 10:25:02 PM »
Among the Kentucky Lottery's current instant-game offerings is \"Safari Survival,\" which is based somewhat on the Survivor show on CBS.  (Apparently, the Survivor producers weren't willing to license the name of their show to state lottery boards; hence the name change for this game.)

The ticket has three play areas.  The first one is a \"Boomerang Throw\" and one of your four \"throws\" must beat the \"Winning Throw\" for you to win.  In the ticket's second play area, you scratch off the covering and if the symbols for \"Food,\" \"Water,\" and \"Shelter\" all appear (you need all three to win), you win the prize for that area.  And in the third play area, you are given two \"winning names\" and if either matches any of the 10 \"player names\" in the play area, you win the prize that is connected to the matching name.

Kentucky also currently has \"Instant Yahtzee\" (which counts here, since there was a TV game show version of Yahtzee years ago), and \"Joker's Wild Doubler.\"  However, unlike the classic TJW game show of years ago, this one is a card-based game: There are 10 sets of two playing cards in the play area of the ticket, with one card in each set labeled \"Your Card\" and the other one \"Dealer's Card\".  You win the prize for that set if \"Your Card\" in it beats the \"Dealer's Card,\" and you win double the prize for that set if \"Your Card\" in any set is a joker.  Also, you win all of the ticket's possible prizes if an Ace appears as any of \"Your Cards.\"

Of course, about a year ago, Kentucky had their \"Game Show Bucks\" instant game which featured games on the ticket that were based on Tic-Tac-Dough, Joker's Wild, and Match Game 7x, plus a chance to get on the Powerball TV game show via a second-chance drawing -- and we all know how I managed to win $100 as an at-home player with this one!

Michael Brandenburg
   (So keep our city clean, folks!)

The Ol' Guy

Game Shows & Lottery
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 02:11:37 AM »
Michigan had both a \"Joker's Wild\" and \"Tic Tac Dough\" instant lottery game while the shows were in their syndication run. Barry & Enright had their lawyers look into it, and those titles soon went away. By the way, I thought I had read that during that time Norm Blumenthal was working with some state's lottery board developing games and programs. Can anyone confirm that?