Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "GSM" Takes Time Slot in Overnights  (Read 1779 times)

uncamark

"GSM" Takes Time Slot in Overnights
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »
Marc Berman reports that with basketball or the threat of basketball out of the way, the "MG" night on "GSM" last night took its time slot in both households and the money demo and nicely flowing into Old Dependables "CSI" and "Without a Trace" to give CBS a win for the night.  The numbers:

GSM:  5.5/10 (2.1/7 18-49)
MASTER OF CHAMPIONS DEBUT (ABC):  4.6/8 (2.0/7)

Although the 18-49 numbers are real close, it's looking better for "GSM" to make a return next June.

Watched the first few minutes of "Master" this morning before going to work--Lord, it's a weird show.  And wasn't Lisa Dergan Whatever-Her-Married-Name-Is the hostess on "Sports Geniuses?"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'122269\' date=\'Jun 23 2006, 09:37 AM\']Watched the first few minutes of "Master" this morning before going to work--Lord, it's a weird show.  And wasn't Lisa Dergan Whatever-Her-Married-Name-Is the hostess on "Sports Geniuses?"
[/quote]Lisa Guerrero was the hostess of "Sports Geniuses." Lisa Dergan put the scores up on the bar for "Smush."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:48:39 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:24:32 PM »
Lisa G. apparently has lost all credibility since Playboy (but hey, did she ever have any?)...hence she's now on Inside Edition.

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:36:23 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'122281\' date=\'Jun 23 2006, 01:24 PM\']
Lisa G. apparently has lost all credibility since Playboy (but hey, did she ever have any?)...hence she's now on Inside Edition.
[/quote]
You'll be seeing her this summer playing sideline reporter on "World Series of Pop Culture". Yep. Sideline reporter. As in "How did you feel when you blew that question on 'Mama's Family', allowing the other team to take the win?"....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 02:39:38 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'122269\' date=\'Jun 23 2006, 09:37 AM\']
Watched the first few minutes of "Master" this morning before going to work--Lord, it's a weird show.  And wasn't Lisa Dergan Whatever-Her-Married-Name-Is the hostess on "Sports Geniuses?"
[/quote]
Shoot, I forgot that. I suppose I need to head to the Bittorrent Store today and buy me one, if they have them in stock. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

calliaume

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 10:03:51 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'122281\' date=\'Jun 23 2006, 12:24 PM\']
[/quote]
Lisa Guerrero lost her credibility during her disastrous season as a sideline reporter for Monday Night Football.

And although it's rarely a smart career move to drop your duds for Playboy (especially if you're already reasonably well known -- for example, what the heck was Teri Polo thinking?), I don't think that put her on a downward spiral.  Lots of other women in similar career paths have done the same -- including the aforementioned Ms. Dergan, Heather Kozar, Brande Roderick, Dolly Martin, etc.

GSM makes good filler for CBS, but the second time to the well might be too much.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 12:15:27 PM »
I can't think of way that could do a GSM2 *without* duplicating at least some of the games (probably at least four), which fires up ye olde double whammy: (1) the novelty is gone, and (2) there'd be no use in doing a pregame retrospective clipfest, which means more time to stre-e-e-e-tch the game out.

I'm of the opinion that the odds of seeing an individual game revived are higher than those of seeing a GSM2.
@lambertman

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »
That's probably the best argument I've heard against a sequel. You're very right in that you couldn't have the same games twice without problems in a few areas. And at that, there are very few games you could plug in certain slots (i.e. games that have 4 players and produce one winner, etc.) - not to mention having to fit within the guidelines of "owned by Fremantle" AND renowned enough to hit with a nationwide audience.

I was pressed to come up with an alternate lineup in discussion. I found myself keeping most of the games, only subbing in Scrabble and $ale for BtC and PYL. The rest of my ideas weren't owned by them.

-Jason
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 12:33:12 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

uncamark

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 02:27:15 PM »
Well, let us turn to our friends across the sea--is there any word of ITV doing a second "GSM" in the UK this fall or anytime soon?