Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Peter Marshall Celebrity Piggy Game"  (Read 4667 times)

PeterMarshallFan

"The Peter Marshall Celebrity Piggy Game"
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2003, 05:06:48 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 5 2003, 11:43 AM\'] [quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Sep 5 2003, 10:05 AM\'] I've also got a copy, which I bought five years or so ago off eBay.

The rules as I remember them (and they're very different from Pig Out!, Pass the Pigs, etc.):  four (?) dice, with the ones (?) removed in favor of pig faces.  (Might be sixes -- I don't have the game in front of me.)  Roll the dice, add up the points, and decide if you want to bank the points and keep going.

One pig comes up and you lose all your points accumulated during that turn.
Two or more pigs come up and you lose all your points accumulated during all your turns to this point -- in other words, you go back to zero.

First one to 100 wins.

The thoughts that celebrities played this game is laughable.  Karen runs screaming whenever I pull the game out, and no one I've played it with has ever wanted to play more than once.  It's a kids' game with little or no strategy.

From the folks at E.S. Lowe, who also made Yahtzee. [/quote]
I wonder if PM and/or Heatter-Quigley had game show ideas for this format. SOunds like something Heatter would do(seeing how he toyed around with the High Rollers format in 1985 in those Lucky Numbers pilots) [/quote]
 Coming soon.......The Celebrity Piggy Game Show, the latest thing from the Bad Proposal Department. :-)

Although, that idea actually sounds more viable for a TV adaptation than Yahtzee, whose basic idea is diffcult to make into a GS no matter how you try it.