Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anybody know why TPIR cancelled a taping?  (Read 1151 times)

That Don Guy

Anybody know why TPIR cancelled a taping?
« on: June 21, 2006, 03:57:51 PM »
On the CBS TPIR website, it says that "due to production issues beyond the control of the producers," the taping for 6/21 was cancelled.  Anybody have more details on this?  How often are taping dates cancelled, anyway?

-- Don

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 04:17:20 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'122018\' date=\'Jun 21 2006, 03:57 PM\']
On the CBS TPIR website, it says that "due to production issues beyond the control of the producers," the taping for 6/21 was cancelled.  Anybody have more details on this?  How often are taping dates cancelled, anyway?

-- Don
[/quote]
While I don't know the answer to the first part (I'll let others do it instead), I can try to answer the second part.

Tapings are rarely cancelled, although this season has to be the worst of it. I know Bob's foot injury had some shows cancelled, including a whole week or two IIRC.

I know they were so backlogged with cancelled shows that the tapings around memorial day had about a 2 day lag from tape to air, which may be a record.

Previous to this the only other times in recent memory off the top of my head would be his skin surgery and his minor surgery in 2002 (which had the whole week cancelled)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 04:18:13 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:46:26 PM »
They just updated the site. Tomorrow's show is cancelled as well:

"The Price Is Right Thursday Taping Cancelled"

"Due to production issues beyond the control of the producers the Thursday, June 22 taping of The Price Is Right has been cancelled. For information on Monday’s shows, please call 323-575-2448 after 3:00pm on Friday, June 23."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:47:06 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS