Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Try-Outs  (Read 1942 times)

bellbm

Pyramid Try-Outs
« on: September 03, 2003, 08:05:32 PM »
Since the City Sweep for Pyramid was cancelled this past weekend in Chicago, I've been thinking of going to Minneapolis at the end of September for the sweep up there.  I have, however, talked to the production office, and am wondering if the City Sweep is more just for promotion.  They do pay for your trip to LA to tape the show if you are selected, so I'm wondering how many people they pick.  Has anyone from the City Sweeps been told how many people they are looking to choose?
The impression I got was that the City Sweeps are totally separate from the production offices, they seemed to have very little knowledge of it.
I just don't want to waste my time if its mainly promotional.  If I have to travel, I can fly to LA for the same price I can fly to Minneapolis.

bellbm

Pyramid Try-Outs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 08:09:11 PM »
Let me correct myself, I can fly to LA for less than I can to Minneaopolis, how crazy is that?

PyramidStephen

Pyramid Try-Outs
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 12:58:15 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 07:05 PM\'] They do pay for your trip to LA to tape the show if you are selected, so I'm wondering how many people they pick.  Has anyone from the City Sweeps been told how many people they are looking to choose?
The impression I got was that the City Sweeps are totally separate from the production offices, they seemed to have very little knowledge of it.
 [/quote]
 Four people were selected from the Miami City Sweeps and are being flown out to LA to be on the show. It all depends on the city and the number of really good people.  City Sweeps is a promotional event. It is also a contestant recruiting event.  
AND, many of the people from the production offices participate in the City Sweep.