Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSM: The Sequel  (Read 14231 times)

FOXSportsFan

GSM: The Sequel
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »
Sad thing is I could hear Roger Rose saying just that, Chris.

Neumms

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2006, 05:22:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'122636\' date=\'Jun 27 2006, 03:07 PM\']
And here's your fallacy; you think that CBS will show restraint and not run it into the ground if it gets decent numbers. Remember, this is the network with three different CSI shows. ;)

"The Whammy goes Hawaiian! Press Your Luck: Honolulu! CBS Tuesday!"
[/quote]

That's true, but at least they'd be running it. How about Press Your Luck: Criminal Intent?

dzinkin

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'122641\' date=\'Jun 27 2006, 05:22 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'122636\' date=\'Jun 27 2006, 03:07 PM\']
And here's your fallacy; you think that CBS will show restraint and not run it into the ground if it gets decent numbers. Remember, this is the network with three different CSI shows. ;)

"The Whammy goes Hawaiian! Press Your Luck: Honolulu! CBS Tuesday!"
[/quote]
That's true, but at least they'd be running it. How about Press Your Luck: Criminal Intent?
[/quote]
Wrong network -- Law & Order: Criminal Intent is on NBC.  Otherwise you just know Dick Wolf would be pushing for a Special Whammies Unit spinoff. :-)

Win a Pile

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2006, 08:33:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Playpal\' post=\'120713\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 12:35 PM\']
Rich was actually the first choice of producers to travel and deliver the prizes.  His TPIR taping schedule made that impossible, as well as being the reason he was not "in studio" for some of the tapings.[/quote]

You seem to have forgotten to post the fact that Rich wasn't the producers' first choice to announce GSM episodes 2-7 and that another announcer was originally scheduled to do those shows (and, in fact, actually did warm-up the crowd and announce the LMAD episode). That would be another reason Rich wasn't "in studio." He wasn't supposed to really be there as the announcer at all.

dzinkin

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2006, 08:38:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Win a Pile\' post=\'123051\' date=\'Jul 1 2006, 08:33 PM\']
You seem to have forgotten to post the fact that Rich wasn't the producers' first choice to announce GSM episodes 2-7 and that another announcer was originally scheduled to do those shows (and, in fact, actually did warm-up the crowd and announce the LMAD episode). That would be another reason Rich wasn't "in studio." He wasn't supposed to really be there as the announcer at all.
[/quote]
Source, please?

sshuffield70

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2006, 10:51:58 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'123053\' date=\'Jul 1 2006, 07:38 PM\']
[quote name=\'Win a Pile\' post=\'123051\' date=\'Jul 1 2006, 08:33 PM\']
[/quote]
Source, please?
[/quote]

Win A Pile of Crap?

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2006, 11:37:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'120728\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 04:10 PM\']
from what I've seen of it, the US version of Call My Bluff could've been a nice little daytime staple if the bluffs weren't so freakin horrible. At least the UK seemed to get it right.  It's also part of the Goodson-Todman library, so rights issues wouldn't be a problem.

--Jamie
[/quote]
Until recently, I had no idea that Call My Bluff was doing so well in the UK that it stuck around awhile (is it still on there?).  I'd love to see it and be able to compare it with the US version since I understand at least one broadcast-quality NBC print survives.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2006, 11:46:51 PM »
Until recently, I had no idea that Call My Bluff was doing so well in the UK that it stuck around awhile (is it still on there?). I'd love to see it and be able to compare it with the US version since I understand at least one broadcast-quality NBC print survives

To my knowledge, 'Bluff' ended in 2005 in the UK.
As for the existing US episodes, one with Abe Burrows & Peggy Cass is around in black and white. UCLA has a January test episode with Betty White & Gene Rayburn, also in black and white. Sadly, no color episodes exist.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:47:52 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2006, 11:55:39 PM »
I know I'm a late entry in this fantasyland thread, but I'm surprised I haven't seen one particular Fremantle format mentioned I think would be fun in a "future marathon": Blockbusters. Considering some celeb IQs, some of the answers could be pretty good!

P.S. Hey, Jake! How's it goin..?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:57:29 PM by The Ol' Guy »