Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSM: The Sequel  (Read 14229 times)

Jimmy Owen

GSM: The Sequel
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 11:34:25 AM »
CBS could keep everything in-house and re-do the Nick and MTV games with adult contestants, maybe locate Ken Ober and Jenny McCarthy for nostalgia's sake.  The teens of 20 years ago are now pushing 40.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 02:04:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'121037\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 08:01 AM\']
Here's my trip through Fantasy Island:
* The host is Wink Martindale---there could be an Orbitz tie-in
[/quote]
Okay, I don't understand why you want someone as a host that is a such a caricature that everybody would look on the series as a parody instead of an attempt to drum up interest in the genre.
* Shows:...History IQ
Huh? With all due respect...are you daft?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 02:12:53 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'121057\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 01:04 PM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'121037\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 08:01 AM\']
Here's my trip through Fantasy Island:
* The host is Wink Martindale---there could be an Orbitz tie-in
[/quote]
Okay, I don't understand why you want someone as a host that is a such a caricature that everybody would look on the series as a parody instead of an attempt to drum up interest in the genre.
* Shows:...History IQ
Huh? With all due respect...are you daft?
[/quote]
Chris, I assume you noticed who posted this...?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'121059\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 11:12 AM\']
Chris, I assume you noticed who posted this...?
[/quote]
Yes. Is my Sarcasm Detector broken?

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 04:45:09 PM »
How about commemorating eight games in seven weeks? (Let's assume the rights for most of these can be obtained, even if one or two may not.) Here are my ideas. I'm more or less happy with what's currently on; I'm just tweaking things a bit.

Celebrity contestants: Vicki Lawrence, George Foreman, Adam Carolla, Bruce Vilanch, Tracey Gold, Kirstie Alley, and Margaret Cho. That's right, seven players.

Episode 1: TPIR. Four pricing games - Ten Chances, It's in the Bag, Clock Game, and Switcheroo. Two SCSDs, winners to the Showcases, winner gets a finalist seat.

Episode 2: Beat the Clock. Of the 6 left, pair them off and run one stunt three times. The winning pair gets split up, competing against each other on a second stunt; winner gets a seat. Super Bonus Stunt ends the show.

Episode 3: LMAD. Big Deal winner (or biggest winner) gets a seat.

Episode 4: Card Sharks. 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, winner vs. winner for the last seat. Finish with Money Cards and a survey of 10 associated people (I'm thinking circus performers) to win a car.

Episode 5: Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour. 1 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 4 in two rounds each of Match Game. Winners face each other in Hollywood Squares to go to the finals. End appropriately with the Super Match. (Obvious clearance problem here.)

Episode 6: Press Your Luck. (Make those prize squares easier to read, and fix the sound bugs on those Whammies, please.) The three losers from Episode 5 play to go to the finals.

Episode 7: Family Feud. Fast Money for $25,000 (or $10 a point).

Host: Todd Newton. (Let Ricki Lake do the prize van gig this time.)

Announcer: Rich Fields did well enough, but let's rotate announcers. Randy West and Burton Richardson can join in on the fun.

(I thought about either Scrabble for Ep 5 and MG/HSH for Ep 6, or Tattletales for Ep 6. The only reason I went with PYL was because of Mr. Newton.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:46:27 PM by GiraffeBoy »
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

Tony

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 07:25:33 PM »
[quote name=\'GiraffeBoy\' post=\'121078\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 03:45 PM\']

Episode 5: Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour. 1 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 4 in two rounds each of Match Game. Winners face each other in Hollywood Squares to go to the finals. End appropriately with the Super Match. (Obvious clearance problem here.)
[/quote]
I don't think it would be that hard to license Hollywood Squares for a future Marathon.  Remember; the Squares format is owned by King World, a CBS subsidiary.  I would think that the owner of the network might loan out a format they own to another production company for a show to go on the network's air (right?).

davemackey

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 08:00:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'121037\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 11:01 AM\']
* Audience members at home or charities share the winnings of the contestants.
[/quote]
You notice the Perfesser is back on his rant about how GSM (or any game show that uses celebs) should have the contestants play for home viewers determined by postcards.

Exsqueeze me?

Do they even MAKE postcards anymore? Home viewer contests don't even use 900 numbers any more. Someone wake up the Perfesser, tell him it's not 1966 any more, and then we'll get back to business.

And besides which, with postcards, you have to have people send them in in advance of the taping. With an established, ongoing show, that's much easier to do, but it's NOT going to work for a short-flight miniseries that isn't even live.

melman1

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2006, 08:49:48 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'121107\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 05:00 PM\']
You notice the Perfesser is back on his rant
[/quote]

I thought the Perfesser had put himself on hiatus, after whining about how burnt out he was maintaining such a high-quality site (tee-hee) for so long.  Did I miss something?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:50:24 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 09:11:28 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' post=\'121111\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 07:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'121107\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 05:00 PM\']
You notice the Perfesser is back on his rant
[/quote]

I thought the Perfesser had put himself on hiatus, after whining about how burnt out he was maintaining such a high-quality site (tee-hee) for so long.  Did I miss something?
[/quote]
I think he's still doing his stuff once a week now, instead of every day.

Doug -- and the countdown to 2000 concludes
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »
A shame that Stevie B. Wrong is still deemed the source for game shows when he's about as accurate as Dick Cheney's aim on quail hunting.

BrandonFG

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 12:24:05 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'121135\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 10:55 PM\']
A shame that Stevie B. Wrong is still deemed the source for game shows when he's about as accurate as Dick Cheney's aim on quail hunting.
[/quote]
Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

BTW, who deems him as the "source"?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 01:10:13 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'121144\' date=\'Jun 11 2006, 09:24 PM\']
BTW, who deems him as the "source"?
[/quote]
He does. And the media, being what they are, believes him.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 01:16:18 AM »
I don't see him as the be all end all source, it's just if there's a game show topic that makes it mainstream he gets interviewed for better or worse.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 08:55:20 AM »
I think he's still doing his stuff once a week now, instead of every day.

But some parts of his site (like FAQ for example) haven't bene updated in months...not that I'm looking, mind you...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

PalCatIN

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2006, 08:33:53 PM »
First, I'd make a slight change to the format.  Since the point is not only to bring back game shows, and (of course) get ratings, but also to fill schedule time, I'd extend by one episode, and only air one a week.  In addition, I'd like to have one 60 minute show prior to the first episode with the "clips" and "retrospectives".  Even with 20 minutes of commercials, at eight games, you're talking 5 minutes per "retro".  That should be long enough.  This way, the beginning and end of each show could still feature the GSM theme and logos, but then immediately head from the "opening" to the "TV Screen opening shot" and that night's game, using all the official and correct music within the game play.  If a game runs short, they could do some quick audience participation, or even save the "At Home Contest" for after the show.  They could also place the "Prize Delivery" spot there as well, or put that in the commercial breaks.

As for the host, I'd like to try another woman, Vicki Lawrence.  Since some games would require a co-host to fit the format, I'd also have Tom Bergeron.  As for the players, Doris Roberts, Suzanne Pleshette, Caroline Rhea, Brad Garrett, Kevin James, and Jerry Stiller.

Game One:
Whew!
I'd use 3 sets of front rounds, and one "Gauntlet" for the hour.  Let the Celeb who wins the most money in their game be Finalist #1, and play the Gauntlet for bonus money.  Winner gets Finalist #1, regardless of bonus outcome.  I'm thinking the lines would need to be $100 - $500, instead of $10 - $50, and also $2,500 - $3,500 - and $5,000 on the top line.  I would also have $50,000 for the Gauntlet win, with $1,000 or $2,000 per villain if no win.

Game Two:
Super Password
Make the four highest non-winning scorers from Whew! play, and leave the low scorer (Celeb "E") sit out at first.  Ties can be settled by coin toss.  Instead of the $100-$200-$300-$400 progression, have it be a best 2 out of 3 puzzles wins $5,000 for each Celeb on the winning team(and no Ca$hword).  At that point, Celeb "E", and Vicki make pairings with the winning team, splitting them apart, and Tom would host.  New 2 out of 3 ensues.  If Vicki and her teammate win, they play the bonus, with Tom hosting.  If Celeb "E" and partner win, Tom and the winner play while Vicki returns to hosting, and Celeb "E" goes back to the "pool".  Winning Celeb automatically gets Finalist #2.  Since winning Celeb would have $10,000 (2 wins @ $5,000 ea.), make bonus worth $50,000, for a $60,000 payoff.

Game Three:
Body Language
Four remaining Celebs all play.  Normal rules, except multiply amounts by 10.  When the game finishes, Tom hosts at that point, and winning team splits, one with Vicki and one with a Celeb from the losing team.  They play one "Winner Takes All" puzzle, with the winning team going to bonus for additional money. Tom takes over as partner, and Vicki hosts again if the team without her wins.  Celeb who makes the bonus is Finalist #3.

Game Four:
Wheel Of Fortune
I know, it's on the air now.  They did TPIR, why not Wheel?  Normal rules apply, bonus wheel holds values from $25,000 to $50,000 in multiples of $5,000, as well as some cars.  Winner advances as Finalist #4.

Game Five:
Hollywood Squares
One of the Male and one of the Female Celebs become Mr. X and Miss Circle for Hollywood Squares.  The 2 Celebs who didn't make it through will join 7 others as the "Square" celebs, and Tom would host, with Vicki among those in the Squares.  Winner is Grand Finalist #1.

Game Six:
Tic-Tac-Dough
Might as well have two similar games for the Finals, no?  Money increased where needed, and the Dragon, Tic, Tac and money bonus used.  Winner becomes Grand Finalist #2.

Game Seven:
Joker's Wild
Money increased as needed, "money" and Devils bonus game.  Winning player automatically gets $75,000 for charity, wins additional $50,000 for "win" in bonus.  $25,000 additional if devil is hit, therefore no stop rule.  Celeb must play it out.

Game Eight:
($250,000) Pyramid
This would bring out the Grand Winner of the current season, against the Grand Winner of Season 2.  Donny Osmond would team with Season 1's GW, and Tom Bergeron would team with Season 2's GW.  Vicki would host.  Celeb earns additional $25,000 for their charity by winning one game, thus $50,000 if they win both.

If the first Celeb wins the Pyramid, it makes an aggregate total of $250,000 in addition to all previous monies from their season (in other words, Pyramid is played for $225,000).  If the $225,000 win happens, losing Celeb scores $75,000 additional for their charity, and Grand Finalist who lost from Season 2, and Grand Finalist who lost from Season 1 play second half for a $125,000 Pyramid shot.  Both those players get an additional $50,000 for their charities, unless the winner clears the Pyramid.

If the First Celeb loses, second game is still with the Grand Winners, and game play goes as above, with winner attempting to make the aggregate $250,000 by clearing the Pyramid.  If neither Celeb clears the Pyramid, player with the highest "money" total from their attempt wins an additional $125,000, and loser gets $75,000.

Questions, comments, etc?