Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "1 vs. 100" casting notice  (Read 16543 times)

Lars

"1 vs. 100" casting notice
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2006, 09:07:27 PM »
The bathroom breaks were pretty bad, especially for the first game, which lasted three hours!  There were people at the taping I went to who were huge Bob Saget fans, but I have to say that the minute chance I had of winning thousands of dollars was not enough to make me want to go through the torture I endured on Saturday.  If the odds had been a bit better, I might have gone back.  The way the game was played, the "one" always chose to take 25% of the jackpot rather than try to answer a question about which they were uncertain - at least that's what I gathered from the mob members I overheard as I walked back to the parking lot.  I really have a huge problem with Bob Saget, and when he was the host of AFMV, I would mute the sound whenever he was giving an introduction - his voice and style irritated me that much, although I liked the video clips.  I was never able to watch Full House.  I do understand also that his standup act is raunchy (one of his fans explained that to me), but that is not a redeeming factor for me.

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'127427\' date=\'Aug 14 2006, 06:25 PM\'] Taping Times:

Saturday -- 16 hours for 2 shows
Sunday -- 15 hours for 3 shows
[/quote]I was at the Sunday taping, and there were at least two contestants who came between 7 and 8 a.m. and left at 1 a.m. (18 hours!) I came in at 10:45 a.m., and I was exhausted by the time I left.

This was my first taping as a contestant. It felt like being a head of cattle, having you sit in one section of the waiting studio, rushing through legal documents, listening to a legal briefing, sitting in the audience with an urgent need to pee for about 45 minutes (I didn't drink unless I had to after that), standing in line to go in for the mob and then going back from a cutoff, then waiting through an hourlong stoppage because of an audience member who yelled out an answer to a question. As for being in the mob, I'm glad I took the top row (#94). It was a perfect view of the set from there, and the hot lights and the cold air conditioning balanced the temperature perfectly. But by this time (after 10 p.m.), I was beat. I had to will myself to keep up with the game.

But it was fun. The one thing I've always wanted to do since I was 9 was get on a TV game show and compete. If I win money, great. If I don't, well, I got the chance. One of the items on my life's to-do list has finally been checked off after over 25 years of trying.

--Charlie, member of the 100 Club
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:11:09 PM by GiraffeBoy »
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 01:43:25 AM »
[quote name=\'GiraffeBoy\' post=\'127536\' date=\'Aug 15 2006, 09:53 PM\']waiting through an hourlong stoppage because of an audience member who yelled out an answer to a question.[/quote]
This is probably the most damning thing I've seen in the entire thread. It takes you an hour to admonish and/or eject said audience member, and put in a replacement question?

"What do we do?! We can't use that question anymore!"

"Maybe if we just dubbed another question and answer over it in post . . ."
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

uncamark

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2006, 12:44:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'127597\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 12:43 AM\']
[quote name=\'GiraffeBoy\' post=\'127536\' date=\'Aug 15 2006, 09:53 PM\']waiting through an hourlong stoppage because of an audience member who yelled out an answer to a question.[/quote]
This is probably the most damning thing I've seen in the entire thread. It takes you an hour to admonish and/or eject said audience member, and put in a replacement question?

"What do we do?! We can't use that question anymore!"

"Maybe if we just dubbed another question and answer over it in post . . ."
[/quote]

"We heard an answer from the audience--the question will be thrown out and we'll ask another question--please, everyone, no help--let the contestant get it himself."

That's how it was done for over 55 years.  Why do it any differently?

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »
Well, I can forgive them stopping tape. But I don't see how it takes more than five minutes, tops, to start tape again. (A mad dash for the bathroom, perhaps . . .)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

itiparanoid13

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2006, 08:33:54 PM »
Think that's bad?  It took us an hour to get 3 new bonus words on Chain Reaction.  1 hour for three random words.  That kinda blew my mind.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »
All this striving for perfection still results in a finished product that appears less than perfect on the screen.  Just roll with it.  I wonder if these kids running the shows today know that up to the mid-60's the networks aired these breezy entertainments live?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'127721\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 06:13 PM\']
I wonder if these kids running the shows today know that up to the mid-60's the networks aired these breezy entertainments live?
[/quote]
Sometimes I wonder if the kids today even know the 60's happened.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2006, 11:35:23 PM »
Here's something I just thought of: is there an audience besides the Mob? If the room has the Mob, the One, Bob and the crew, and no one else, then an answer said aloud would be dealt with this way:

Bob: "Who wore the number 1/8 for one at-bat for the St. Louis Browns?"
Mob Guy 41: "Oh, that's easy, Eddie Gaedel!"
Me, as Mob Guy 42: "Dumbass, we're playing AGAINST him! You probably just earned him another $50,000 that we could hae split. Way to go."

At which point the sharpest point of my elbow would be lodged comfortably in Mob Guy 41's rib cage.

If there's an audience, well, then, even so, that shouldn't take more than a few minutes to fix...
Travis L. Eberle

Brig Bother

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'127773\' date=\'Aug 17 2006, 04:35 AM\']
Here's something I just thought of: is there an audience besides the Mob? If the room has the Mob, the One, Bob and the crew, and no one else, then an answer said aloud would be dealt with this way:
[/quote]

It surprises me, but I know there's going to be an audience for the UK version. That's one biiiiig studio!

thgames65

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2006, 10:30:37 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'127773\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 10:35 PM\']
Here's something I just thought of: is there an audience besides the Mob?
[/quote]

There is no general audience.  Contestants who are waiting to take their turn in the Mob are used to fill the audience seats.

Tim H.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'127725\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 09:27 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'127721\' date=\'Aug 16 2006, 06:13 PM\']
I wonder if these kids running the shows today know that up to the mid-60's the networks aired these breezy entertainments live?
[/quote]
Sometimes I wonder if the kids today even know the 60's happened.
[/quote]
Heck, a lot of people who lived through the 60's don't remember that they happened.