Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New (and coming soon) to bookstores  (Read 1085 times)

Bob Zager

New (and coming soon) to bookstores
« on: May 16, 2006, 05:42:15 PM »
Tentatively set for release in September are TWO books by former Jeopardy! Champions.  First, Ken Jennings' long talked-about book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140006445...glance&n=283155

Then there is also this one by Bob Harris:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/030733956...glance&n=283155

While in a local Waldenbooks store, I noticed a new publication called, "Pat Sajak's Take-a-Letter Crosswords."  Unlike most crossword puzzles, this helps the player along by using symbols in corresponding squares representing each time a certain letter appears.  Example:  each square that should contain an "R," may be represented by a triangle.  Each puzzle uses three symbols for three different letters.

wheelloon

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 05:59:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'118661\' date=\'May 16 2006, 05:42 PM\']
While in a local Waldenbooks store, I noticed a new publication called, "Pat Sajak's Take-a-Letter Crosswords."  Unlike most crossword puzzles, this helps the player along by using symbols in corresponding squares representing each time a certain letter appears.  Example:  each square that should contain an "R," may be represented by a triangle.  Each puzzle uses three symbols for three different letters.
[/quote]

Yes, it is a sort of book version of his online game (Lucky Letters) that supposedly has been popular on the internet, or at least he says it has...

Supposedly, it said somewhere, maybe on his website, that the idea for the game was patent-pending, which I find, to a point, amusing.
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'118672\' date=\'May 16 2006, 04:59 PM\']
Yes, it is a sort of book version of his online game (Lucky Letters) that supposedly has been popular on the internet, or at least he says it has...
[/quote]
It's actually not a bad game.  I'd give it about a 7.5.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)