Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Canada: new game show "Inside the Box"  (Read 3014 times)

Blaq

Canada: new game show "Inside the Box"
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »
On June 1, Prime, the specialty channel owned by Global Television which earned a license as a channel aimed at older (50+) viewers, will be rebranded as TVTropolis. Slogan: Hit TV Lives Here." Sounds like Great White North TVLand.

One of 5 homegrown shows will be "Inside the Box", a game show for TV junkies. Yay!

(It's from the producers of "You Bet Your Ass". Aww!)

More details as I ferret them out!

JayDLewis

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 11:00:01 PM »
Also, and only-semi OT, Prime will reair Charles' ep of My Fabulous Gay Wedding at 4AM (Eastern) Monday 5/15.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:01:56 AM »
Charles - you read my mind, I was looking for details as well!  Thanks in advance.

R.

Blaq

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 03:26:45 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'118411\' date=\'May 13 2006, 11:00 PM\']
Also, and only-semi OT, Prime will reair Charles' ep of My Fabulous Gay Wedding at 4AM (Eastern) Monday 5/15.
[/quote]

Thanks for the plug! (And Saturday May 20 on LOGO in the US.)

I'm half-miffed because, although we seem to be part of the 6-episode rotation, it feels as if our episode is only rarely shown -- simply because our ep has no description. Just "Charles and Michael". Not "Donna and Polina -- Comic Donna and entrepreneur Polina get surprised with a Medieval-themed wedding", nooo! (Nothing personal, D&P)

BTW, there will be a second season of My Fabulous Gay Wedding, although I don't know if it will air on LOGO only (as First Comes Love) or in Canada on Global as well:

ad on Craigslist, among other places

vtown7

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 05:20:45 PM »
There is now an official site for inside the box... check out insidetheboxshow.com.

RV.

Blaq

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:31:06 AM »
As per C21Media:

Inside the Box (26x30') revolves around the content of iconic TV programming, pitting three contestants against one another as they try to identify memorable shows, actors and TV characters from the TV archives. The winner then progresses to the final round, competing against the clock for a cash prize.

Sounds like fun!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 11:51:37 AM »
Here's a bit of Canadian TV trivia I think might be fun.  "This mid-'60's show, which also was seen in the states, featured the characters of Nick King and Admiral Fox.  Name the show, its stars and for 10 bonus points the Canadian game shows the two stars went on to host...
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

gamed121683

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 09:24:25 AM »
This does sound like an intresting show, A Canadian version of "Couch Potatoes" if you will. I'm sure the questions will focus more on "King of Kensington" than "The King of Queens", though.