Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: nick all-star challenge  (Read 7067 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
nick all-star challenge
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 08:48:06 PM »
[quote name=\'booboo\' post=\'122052\' date=\'Jun 21 2006, 05:00 PM\']
I can only hope that you guys did not get the Nick all-star challenge mixed up with the "Guts all-stars" special,
[/quote]
Not even knowing that either show existed, I can assure you that at least for me that is definitely not the case. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

booboo

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 03:00:36 PM »
[quote name=\'cool245\' post=\'122060\' date=\'Jun 21 2006, 09:41 PM\']
I know the Guts Special brought back 3 perfect score winners from Season One for a one hour special. I never heard of the Nick special until I looked it up. Seemed like a neat concept taking games from all of their game shows.
[/quote]

It was neat, I remember I had been looking forward to this for a week, i got to see the first two parts, but my mom came just as the 3rd game was coming on and told me to turn it off, and that's basically why I started this topic.

I only hope that some of you do have a couple clips of this
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 03:24:55 PM by booboo »

golden-road

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 03:34:39 PM »
Could someone explain to me the rules for Guts All-Stars & Nick All-Star Challenge? Other then the clip on Joe's Double Dare Page, and the vague memories of Evander Holyfield and playing for cash on Guts All-Stars, I have no recollections of both shows.

Speedy G

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
[quote name=\'golden-road\' post=\'122139\' date=\'Jun 22 2006, 03:34 PM\']
Could someone explain to me the rules for Guts All-Stars & Nick All-Star Challenge?
[/quote]
Speaking from distant memories, Guts All-Stars was just an hour-long episode of normal Guts, essentially.  More events plus IIRC the introduction of the Mega Crag.

Speaking from less distant memories (thanks to Nick GAS), Nick All-Star Challenge was run during the Big Help one year.  Basically, it was a nine-team, four "episode" competition.  Three teams (I think of three, including a celeb or two) per show compete in an in-studio stunt round (usually DD or LotHT games) and a quiz round (involving slime being dumped) to earn points, from which they could spend for extra team members to try and collect the lion's share of points from the final round played outdoors.  Winners of the three prelim "shows" played in the final; top two teams after the quiz round spent all of their points on teammates for a winner-take-all outdoors game for the championship.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 07:15:39 PM by Speedy G »
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

booboo

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 12:53:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' post=\'122153\' date=\'Jun 22 2006, 07:12 PM\']
[quote name=\'golden-road\' post=\'122139\' date=\'Jun 22 2006, 03:34 PM\']
Could someone explain to me the rules for Guts All-Stars & Nick All-Star Challenge?
[/quote]
Speaking from distant memories, Guts All-Stars was just an hour-long episode of normal Guts, essentially.  More events plus IIRC the introduction of the Mega Crag.

Speaking from less distant memories (thanks to Nick GAS), Nick All-Star Challenge was run during the Big Help one year.  Basically, it was a nine-team, four "episode" competition.  Three teams (I think of three, including a celeb or two) per show compete in an in-studio stunt round (usually DD or LotHT games) and a quiz round (involving slime being dumped) to earn points, from which they could spend for extra team members to try and collect the lion's share of points from the final round played outdoors.  Winners of the three prelim "shows" played in the final; top two teams after the quiz round spent all of their points on teammates for a winner-take-all outdoors game for the championship.
[/quote]

I know (well I didn't know at the time but you probably know what I'm saying) 3 of the players were past winners on GUTS, I'm guessing they did that in the same way as the guts all-stars, all champs, all perfect scores
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:13:26 PM by booboo »

booboo

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 01:10:55 PM »
(Massive overquoting deleted. -DZ)

I'm just curious, how long ago was that aired on Nick Gas
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:12:29 PM by dzinkin »

Speedy G

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 06:52:21 PM »
I'm just curious, how long ago was that aired on Nick Gas
I recall it airing back when they still had a studio where they aired segments from.  So it's been at least two to three years, because they edited up the bits to fit around in-studio pieces.  Hasn't aired since they stopped with the studio segments, and given the gradual removal of variation in Nick GAS's schedule, I wouldn't expect them to air it again.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

booboo

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 05:57:51 PM »
i'm kinda curious, where was this filmed?

booboo

nick all-star challenge
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 01:28:04 PM »
since it doesn't look like a clip of this isn't going to be uploaded anytime soon then could someone tell me who won the championship. By the way that did not exactly come out the way i wanted it to.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
nick all-star challenge
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2006, 02:23:46 PM »
[quote name=\'booboo\' post=\'123546\' date=\'Jul 7 2006, 10:28 AM\']
since it doesn't look like a clip of this isn't going to be uploaded anytime soon then could someone tell me who won the championship. By the way that did not exactly come out the way i wanted it to.
[/quote]
I'll say.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe