Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wink Martindale Gets a Star on June 2nd  (Read 3176 times)

narzo

Wink Martindale Gets a Star on June 2nd
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 07:02:39 PM »
http://www.hollywoodchamber.net/icons/walk_directory.asp

yes to Steve and Alex according to this

-edit- actually after inspecting this site (and also seeing John Daly, Johnny Carson, Steve Edwards, and Regis)  I can't believe Wink is just joining this group.  I'm sorry but there are some here who barely would qualify as "d" list celebrites.  I remember reading you basicly come up with the 15 large I think it is and some group votes you in.  I'm not a celebrity watcher so maybe one of you Hollywood types knows more.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:07:58 PM by narzo »

Jay Temple

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 07:19:51 PM »
I can't get the link to work, but I'm assuming that the results you have all posted are complete. Surely I'm not alone in thinking it a tremendous injustice that Robert Q. Lewis and Wink Martindale have them, but a certain very familiar Pittsburgher doesn't.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 07:32:53 PM »
Narzo is right (and no, I don't know the exact details either, but the Wiki article discusses some of it) in that the recipient has to come up with $15,000 to cover certain fees associated with the maintenance and ceremony and whatnot. So just because someone doesn't have a Star doesn't mean they're being snubbed, it could simply mean they have better things to do with $15,000.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 07:40:05 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the celebrity also have to do a fair amount of charity work as well?

Side notes: Thought the Walk went way further than 1960...and Joanne Woodward being the first would be a decent Million Dollar Question...Throw in Mae West, Marilyn Monroe, and another big name celeb to throw the contestant off. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 07:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'116868\' date=\'Apr 23 2006, 07:19 PM\']Surely I'm not alone in thinking it a tremendous injustice that Robert Q. Lewis and Wink Martindale have them, but a certain very familiar Pittsburgher doesn't.[/quote]
Nope.  Unfortunately, besides the matter of the $15K, there's a heavy emphasis nowadays to honor living performers who can be around for the photo op.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 08:07:35 PM »
I always associate Bill more with NYC (and Pittsburgh) than Hollywood, though he did eventually move west for the last ten years of his career.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 08:10:12 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 09:42:42 PM »
That will be cool to see Wink's star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame on June 2nd. Maybe GSN can bring back TTD and TJW afterwards .

zachhoran

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 10:00:25 PM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'117016\' date=\'Apr 25 2006, 09:42 PM\']
That will be cool to see Wink's star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame on June 2nd. Maybe GSN can bring back TTD and TJW afterwards .
[/quote]

They could if they want to, but they have enough shows for their "Men from GSN" block via the GT and other shows they can currently air that they don't need to pick up the rights for those shows. Someone more knowledgeable than I can tell you the details of the deal that keeps them from airing as much Sony owned product as they once did. That doesn't mean people wouldn't be thrilled if the syndicated or especially the 70s CBS run of either show comes back. GSN teased us by showing the first seven months of CBS TJW, once believed long lost, from December 2000-August 2001(weekend showings only during that Summer)