Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any interesting GS news?  (Read 4610 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Any interesting GS news?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2003, 11:29:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Sep 2 2003, 01:13 AM\'] To steal blatantly from Mr. Ottinger: Wow, you have access to Drew Carey's paycheck AND an exhaustive list of the scruples of every last one of us? That's pretty impressive.
 [/quote]
Are you telling me you'd turn down the gig? If your phone rang RIGHT NOW, and someone from the WB was at the other end saying \"Yes, Mr. Hutchinson, we'll fly you to Florida, all expenses paid, and send you home with $2,500, and all you have to do is host this show with Bubbles, here.\", you would say \"No, my professional morals are far too great to lower myself to working with a chimp?\" 'Cuz that MUST be where you stand if you're gonna get all indignant over my post, right?

I can't wait to hear the answer to this one.

(And rest assured that Carey is getting paid a damn sight more then $2,500 for his time.)

Doesn't help the laughs much.
No, but then again it's my opinion that this \"certain TV website\" doesn't quite fully have a grasp on who's doing the laughing in this particular scenario...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2003, 11:31:10 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

Any interesting GS news?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2003, 04:57:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 31 2003, 08:18 PM\']There are any number of reasons why a show leaves a network, and any number of people here could give you a dozen having nothing to do with ratings, which in G4's case would be miniscule even if they had Britney Spears playing Frogger nude. [/quote]
And actually, discussing G4's ratings would be like discussing GSN's ratings five years ago--as with GSN in 1998, G4 is not regularly surveyed by Nielsen because it's in too few homes for Nielsen to include it.  The company may've done special surveys for GSN or may do special surveys for G4, but G4 is still somewhere in the teens (of millions) in numbers of homes and Nielsen won't include a network in regular surveys unless its household numbers are somewhere over 20 million (it used to be 20 million on the nose, but the bar may've been raised since a few years ago).

G4 has to do some sort of ratings survey with someone, since most advertisers don't sign up on blind faith, but they aren't in the regular Nielsen cable tallies.

HSquares2003

Any interesting GS news?
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2003, 08:24:13 PM »
Could somebody give a quick synopsis on G4? I haven't heard of this channel before, and am curious as to what it is.

I think this whole Billion thing is just a way for WB to get its ratings out of the dumper for one night.......

Brandon Brooks

Any interesting GS news?
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2003, 08:31:08 PM »
Could somebody give a quick synopsis on G4? I haven't heard of this channel before, and am curious as to what it is.
Look for yourself: http://www.g4tv.com/html/home.asp

I think this whole Billion thing is just a way for WB to get its ratings out of the dumper for one night.......
Which is the objective of any show on TV today.

Brandon Brooks

Robert Hutchinson

Any interesting GS news?
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2003, 03:43:08 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 2 2003, 10:29 AM\']'Cuz that MUST be where you stand if you're gonna get all indignant over my post, right?[/quote]
No. I simply MUST be regretting posting a lightweight joke that wasn't logically airtight. I also MUST be dropping this, as the proprietors don't smile upon it. My apologies for it even going this far.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin