Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Live...  (Read 18440 times)

cmjb13

Family Feud Live...
« on: April 10, 2006, 10:49:54 AM »
I was going to put this in the other thread, but I figured it would get buried there, so here goes...

Caught the show last night. There are some game play changes. The previous way had audience members using the keypad after every answer given by a contestant on stage. The new way (at least for now) eliminates this part completely. There is no audience participation during the 1st Single-Double-Triple game.

Once the game is over, 3 survey questions (with 4 answers each, 6 last time) are asked to the audience. The best in speed & accuracy plays fast money for $1000.

The process is repeated for 2 teams of 5 to play a game on stage. It's also same for the 2nd fast money game. Last night it was for $8000 (started at $5000) The jackpot increases $500 every night it's not won.

I prefer the old way better because it seemed to be more dependent upon accuracy. With 20 or so guesses from contestants, the greater the chance people would not get all the answers correct. With the change to 3 questions, the odds are greater that a lot of people will get all 3 answers right. At that point, it comes down to speed. After the show, Burger stated the old way dragged the show down too much, so it was changed. It's still a fun show even with the change.

Here's a question: I've noticed a 4 show limit sign in registration. Price has a 4 show limit. I'm curious on why this is so. I figure if someone wants to pay $25+ 6 days a week for 3 months to try to get on stage, they should be able to do so (not referring to myself)

Anyways, here are the pics. Camera does not do this set justice.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:51:44 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud Live...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:53:19 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'115803\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 07:49 AM\']
[/quote]
Then it must be incredible, because I thought it looked darn good in those pics.

I notice they went with what looks like an eggcrate readout for the scoreboards, is that correct? A certain board programmer told me way back that originally they wanted to use plasmas for the score and Bank readouts.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:05:05 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'115804\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 10:53 AM\']
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'115803\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 07:49 AM\']
[/quote]
Then it must be incredible, because I thought it looked darn good in those pics.

I notice they went with what looks like an eggcrate readout for the scoreboards, is that correct? A certain board programmer told me way back that originally they wanted to use plasmas for the score and Bank readouts.
[/quote]
That is correct.

Also, during fast money, the 20 seconds is superimposed on the top scoreboard. I suppose that's how they did it on Combs' version.

I wonder how hard it would be to use the readout to countdown from 20 seconds? Didn't they do that on Dawson's version?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 11:05:49 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 11:31:13 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'115805\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 08:05 AM\']
Also, during fast money, the 20 seconds is superimposed on the top scoreboard. I suppose that's how they did it on Combs' version.
[/quote]
"Top scoreboard" meaning the game board, or meaning the Bank readout? Knowing Todd's software, I'm guessing the former.
I wonder how hard it would be to use the readout to countdown from 20 seconds? Didn't they do that on Dawson's version?
It probably depends on whether Todd's software is tied into the eggcrate system or if it runs independently. If it's tied in it would probably be easy.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Family Feud Live...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:05:25 PM »
Camera does not do this set justice.
Sure it does. It beats the pants off Jimmy Cuomo's abortion which looks like it's about to land in Area 51.

Steve Gavazzi

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:17:06 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'115803\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 10:49 AM\']

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
[/quote]

Holy...it's the Goddamn Combs set!  And I don't mean it kinda looks like the Combs set...if I didn't know better, I'd swear that was the genuine article.

Words cannot express how beautiful that is.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Family Feud Live...
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:49:37 PM »
The next logical question is, what kind of music are they using for this affair?

cmjb13

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 01:02:24 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'115815\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 12:49 PM\']
The next logical question is, what kind of music are they using for this affair?
[/quote]
Combs music was used, with some Dawson 94 thrown in.

sshuffield70

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'115815\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 11:49 AM\']
[/quote]

Hopefully, it's not the party mix currently being used.

tvwxman

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »
is Fremantle part of this? Cause i'm curious to know why they'd use a 'classic' look to a show that currently airs with a more modern look to it.... After all, the name of the game is "Cross Promotion".....

Unless they have something up their sleeve when the O'Hurley version comes out....Hmmmmm.....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 02:25:59 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'115819\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 11:21 AM\']
is Fremantle part of this? Cause i'm curious to know why they'd use a 'classic' look to a show that currently airs with a more modern look to it.... After all, the name of the game is "Cross Promotion".....

Unless they have something up their sleeve when the O'Hurley version comes out....Hmmmmm.....
[/quote]
Yes, they absolutely are part of this.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Family Feud Live...
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »
Well folks, this is history in the making: the Family Feud stage show looks better, sounds better, and has a better emcee than the television show:

Original set vs. cast-off set from a TV pilot which takes place on a UFO

Original music vs. Radio Shack percussion machine

Michael Burger vs. Richard "the Termite" Karn

Michael Burger isn't brilliant but he's also not Richard Karn. You could have Roger Mudd as emcee and he'd be preferable to Richie the T. Kudos to whomever made these decisions. Randy, would that be Andy Felsher?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 02:37:30 PM by chris319 »

tvrandywest

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'115821\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 10:36 AM\']
...Kudos to whomever made these decisions. Randy, would that be Andy Felsher? [/quote]
Yep, Andy is captain of the ship and admiral of the 'TPiR-Live" and "FF-Live" fleet. Remember, Andy grew up on the set of the original TV Feud, and learned the biz at the Goosdon College of Game Show Knowledge.

I'm sure Andy would be quick to share credit with his crew. In addition to other members of the Fremantle family, it includes a couple of guys who are hands-on, lovingly producing each and every episode for Andy. They are talented, creative producers, and are as knowledgeable as any fan here or elsewhere on the net. Both are wonderfully passionate about the details, and it shows. If you read the board carefully you know who they are; they both occasionally post. Add kudos to the backstage professional union crew.

If you have been reading my website "news" page you know that Andy's producing team also includes another member of game show royalty... Cathy Dawson. Speaking of which, watch for exciting TPiR-Live news in the next couple of weeks!

Randy
www.tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:12:02 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Shredder

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 08:17:11 PM »
Now the question is, how do you apply for contestantdom(sp, even a word?)

I'm trying to get my office family of co-workers to apply.....:)

jrjgames

Family Feud Live...
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 08:57:58 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'115803\' date=\'Apr 10 2006, 10:49 AM\']
Anyways, here are the pics. Camera does not do this set justice.[/quote]

Just keep in mind, you're not allowed to take pictures inside the theater.  It's appreciated if you do not.

Thanks
John