Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anything To Win  (Read 2368 times)

Don Howard

Anything To Win
« on: April 17, 2006, 12:24:53 AM »
I caught a few moments of the latest installment of this documentary program this past evening on GSN: The Network For Games. For a minute or so, I thought my cable company had replaced GSN with SoapNet at that channel position.

sshuffield70

Anything To Win
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 08:51:09 AM »
Either that or another friggin' sports story.....no wonder TWC wants to put GSN on a sports tier....

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
Anything To Win
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 12:25:18 PM »
Gee, I missed it. What was it about? Was is possibly the backstory of the 1994 Easter Egg Hunt Scandal of Townsville City, North Dakota? You know the one where several of the children got into an Easter Bunny costume and smuggled all of the eggs out into the docks to hand off to the mafia to repay a debt on a lost bet during a soap box derby race where the entry fee was payed by rigging the three legged race at the school carnvial which was funded by money embezelled from a Las Vegas Grand Poker Tournament? Those rascalls will do *turns to the camera* ANYTHING TO WIN.

...Wow. I don't know just what came over me. Excuse me while I lock myself into the TTD '90 Room.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 12:26:26 PM by PYLclark86 »
*Indecipherable screaming*

Jimmy Owen

Anything To Win
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 01:51:50 PM »
It was a documentary about how the Sony soap "Days of Our Lives" pulled out all the stops with outrageous story lines to try to win the daytime ratings race.

This might be a good time to revisit the idea of Sony turning prime time into a revamped "GSN-Game-Soap Network."  Wrest reruns of DOOL from SoapNet, add Sony's Y&R from 8-10pm with a game show following.  Might be good from a demographic standpoint, and (sarcasm) isn't that what it's all about?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 01:53:57 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

goongas

Anything To Win
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'116367\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 01:51 PM\']
It was a documentary about how the Sony soap "Days of Our Lives" pulled out all the stops with outrageous story lines to try to win the daytime ratings race.

This might be a good time to revisit the idea of Sony turning prime time into a revamped "GSN-Game-Soap Network."  Wrest reruns of DOOL from SoapNet, add Sony's Y&R from 8-10pm with a game show following.  Might be good from a demographic standpoint, and (sarcasm) isn't that what it's all about?
[/quote]

If they thought they would make more money they would do it.

FeudDude

Anything To Win
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 03:55:31 PM »
Heck, add some talk and courtroom shows into the mix and we could have DSN - Daytime All The Time.

Matt Ottinger

Anything To Win
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 10:55:26 PM »
Those Anything to Win shows are actually very well-made little programs, they're just out of place on GSN.  Meanwhile, popular things that GSN should have been doing, like those "Go Bananas" specials and the True Hollywood Stories docs originate somewhere else.

GSN has an unequalled opportunity for promotion when the Game Show Marathon hits CBS later this year.  Wanna bet they competely fail to capitalize on it?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.