Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Sale  (Read 8823 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
My Sale
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 08:49:03 AM »
And if it was up to me, when it comes to instant bargains and such, if i'm playing off the winner's board, it'd make a lot of sense for me to hit the buzzer

Aw, where were you when I did my post on that subject? :)

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Brandon Brooks

My Sale
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 12:52:22 PM »
[quote name=\'cacLA8383\' post=\'114395\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 11:51 PM\']
Three words for you, sir: GET LAID ALREADY!
[/quote]
Kevin's right... you do seem a little more cranky as of late.

At any rate, I don't knock anyone's kicks.  People think I'm dumb for saying this, but the feeling on being on a game shows far outweighs the money I won.  The money goes; those memories are forever.  And if people want to spend sometime role playing, good for them.

Brandon Brooks

FOXSportsFan

My Sale
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 01:09:52 PM »
Geez, if this is what I get proposing anything, then it ain't worth it...besides, to call a spade a spade what Chris Lemon likes/dislikes does not necessarily reflect the opinions of a television network (although more often than not, they very well should)*.

I was just using a template used on a netgame (gotta be careful to use that term), and was wondering if it might add any more intrigue to the real game.  I wasn't expecting everyone to get so uppity and veer so far off the intended path.  All parties better cool their jets, okay?

Chris, surprisingly there have been, to my knowledge a couple of people that have (I actually did once because I'd rather announce than play, so there's my dingbat reason).  And, instant bargains are actually bought fairly often (usually at least once per game).

The whole netgame thing is all about fun...and here are a few of you turning into the Kennedy/Nixon debate.  I mean cool it, for goodness sakes.

* - Just using you as an example, Chris, take no offense, please.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:15:53 PM by FOXSportsFan »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
My Sale
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 03:30:38 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'114462\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 10:09 AM\']
Chris, surprisingly there have been, to my knowledge a couple of people that have (I actually did once because I'd rather announce than play, so there's my dingbat reason).
[/quote]
See, that's at least a reason, I can dig that. But if you're In It To Win It, there is just no reason why it's a smart strategic move. (I could also see doing it to prove a point, i.e. that you have the hubris to put yourself at that disadvantage and still win.)

And yeah, it's all in fun, and if you're just playing to goof around and don't really care if you win or not, sure, go nuts. But when I play a game, my goal (assuming that "having fun" is already taken care of) is to win, and my request is that my opponents give me their best effort in trying to deny me that goal. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BMaurice06

My Sale
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 06:25:30 PM »
I did, in fact, try to capture the true essence of the US version of the show (I've only seen clips of the Aussie edition on YouTube and elsewhere), but there were some parts of the various formats that IMHO didn't make much sense, so here are several explanations for my format.

1.  The original shopping format on the daytime Sale actually offered the cash jackpot as a bargain.  That, I felt, was a bit screwed up because logically speaking it's not right to buy money for money (unless you're trading two fives for a ten).  That's why I favor the syndicated Sale's shopping format.

2.  The Winner's Board I thought was also flawed.  It seems passable to pick up a prize a day, but I prefer playing for a bigger prize each day (picking up a car so early in your championship run is to crazy IMO).  However, I liked the idea of risking all of the prizes to try to win another game to pick up the jackpot, which is why I added that element to the shopping format.

3.  As for the jackpot itself, I know it seems much but then again I favor higher stakes on game shows.

Hope this is understandable.

cacLA8383

My Sale
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' post=\'114457\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 11:52 AM\']
[quote name=\'cacLA8383\' post=\'114395\' date=\'Mar 27 2006, 11:51 PM\']
Three words for you, sir: GET LAID ALREADY!
[/quote]
Kevin's right... you do seem a little more cranky as of late.

[/quote]

Wow, just looking at that, I realized that you're right and that I have been kind of bitchy over nothing lately. My apologies to all.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
My Sale
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 08:40:10 PM »
[color=\"#000099\"]*point of clarification*[/color]

My question, as related to the Winner's Board, is this:

Say that you win a prize on day 1. If you come back the next day, do you risk that prize to earn another pick of the board, or are all of your winnings secure until day 10, when you risk all 10 for $50K?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 08:46:16 PM by Strikerz04 »

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
My Sale
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 08:47:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'114535\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 08:40 PM\']
My question, as related to the Winner's Board, is this:

Say that you win a prize on day 1. If you come back the next day, do you risk that prize to earn another pick of the board, or are all of your winnings secure until day 10, when you risk all 10 for $50K?
[/quote]

On the American version, there wasn't a risk unless you played for 50K. When the Aussie version adopted the Board in '89, you risked your WB prizes every night, after clearing the board you could play one more game for the jackpot (not a static 50K). The board was considerably smaller also, with only about half the squares as the American version.
*Indecipherable screaming*

Kevin Prather

My Sale
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006, 09:00:04 PM »
[quote name=\'cacLA8383\' post=\'114525\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 04:16 PM\']
Wow, just looking at that, I realized that you're right and that I have been kind of bitchy over nothing lately. My apologies to all.
[/quote]
Thank you for acknowledging it. That takes a big man.

Brandon Brooks

My Sale
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2006, 09:02:32 PM »
[quote name=\'cacLA8383\' post=\'114525\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 06:16 PM\']
[/quote]
No big deal... happens to us all.

Brandon Brooks

rebelwrest

My Sale
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 11:22:24 PM »
Dear I hope they bring back $OTC, but can $ale have a proper bonus round?

Here's my idea

Bonu$ Money

A contestant is shown five answers and the host reads a clue to eliminate one of the answers.  After four clues have been read, the contestant is shown how much score money is added to their total from the answer left on the board.

Values

first clue answer kept  $5
second                       $10
third                          $15
fourth                        $25
correct answer kept    $50

Any opinions
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
My Sale
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 11:35:26 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'114568\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 08:22 PM\']
Any opinions
[/quote]
Yes. Next.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
My Sale
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 11:40:53 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'114568\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 10:22 PM\']
Any opinions
[/quote]
So they win...$50?

And I thought the 'Net Inquizition/Zooventure (hi, Dave) hour was a bad idea.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
My Sale
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 11:49:19 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'114568\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 08:22 PM\']
Dear I hope they bring back $OTC, but can $ale have a proper bonus round?[/quote] They did. Or was it not what you wanted?

Here's my idea

<blibbety blah, blibbety bloo snipped>

So, you have now proven to us two things. One, that you have no class at all (posting a truly tasteless 'tribute' to Peter Tomarken.) Two, that you have no problem at all soiling one of the great game shows of all time.

Seriously, what is it with the people who can't let the final act be shopping?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 12:40:57 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Steve Gavazzi

My Sale
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 12:26:46 AM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'114568\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 11:22 PM\']
Dear I hope they bring back $OTC, but can $ale have a proper bonus round?

Here's my idea

Bonu$ Money

A contestant is shown five answers and the host reads a clue to eliminate one of the answers.  After four clues have been read, the contestant is shown how much score money is added to their total from the answer left on the board.

Values

first clue answer kept  $5
second                       $10
third                          $15
fourth                        $25
correct answer kept    $50

Any opinions
[/quote]

...that makes absolutely no sense.