Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question  (Read 6435 times)

tomarkenfan77

Question
« on: August 29, 2003, 01:59:16 PM »
is GSN going to pick up the George's Weakest Link?

zachhoran

Question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 08:00:12 PM »
[quote name=\'tomarkenfan77\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 12:59 PM\'] is GSN going to pick up the George's Weakest Link? [/quote]
 It would be nice for them to do that, if only to break the monontony of Anne's 75 or so episodes being run to death for the past eight months. I've often wondered if GSN COULD even go a step further and perhaps resurrect LInk with George as an original, without a whole lot of budget tweaking(seeing as how many winning totals were under $10K, less than a lot of one-day Whammy! wins have been)

Michael Brandenburg

Question
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 09:42:57 PM »
I just noticed something myself last Friday (8-29-2003) when I was glancing through the USA Today's weekend TV listings that they published on that date:

It seems that GSN has Weakest Link on at 8:00 P.M. Eastern time on Sunday nights, and since the listing covers the entire 8-9 P.M. block, I'm assuming that it's the Robinson version that NBC used to air in that same time slot until a little over a year ago.

Unfortunately, the USA Today's Sunday evening TV grids don't show the programs that air before 8:00 P.M. Eastern time, and GSN's program schedule listing isn't carried in either of the Cincinnati area's newspaper TV magazines.  So I would like to know this: GSN isn't airing any early-evening NBA basketball games that could run past 8:00 P.M. Eastern time, are they?

Michael Brandenburg
   (Yes, I know the NBA basketball season is over -- but WSTR in Cincinnati is currently re-running baseball games from clear back to 1990 on Sundays!)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Question
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 11:27:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Michael Brandenburg\' date=\'Aug 30 2003, 08:42 PM\'] I just noticed something myself last Friday (8-29-2003) when I was glancing through the USA Today's weekend TV listings that they published on that date:

It seems that GSN has Weakest Link on at 8:00 P.M. Eastern time on Sunday nights, and since the listing covers the entire 8-9 P.M. block, I'm assuming that it's the Robinson version that NBC used to air in that same time slot until a little over a year ago.

Unfortunately, the USA Today's Sunday evening TV grids don't show the programs that air before 8:00 P.M. Eastern time, and GSN's program schedule listing isn't carried in either of the Cincinnati area's newspaper TV magazines.  So I would like to know this: GSN isn't airing any early-evening NBA basketball games that could run past 8:00 P.M. Eastern time, are they?

Michael Brandenburg
   (Yes, I know the NBA basketball season is over -- but WSTR in Cincinnati is currently re-running baseball games from clear back to 1990 on Sundays!) [/quote]
 Are you serious?
Why would GSN show NBA basketball?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ilb4ever2000

Question
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 11:53:46 PM »
Are you serious?
Why would GSN show NBA basketball?

NBA Basketball interrupted the Robinson shows when they aired on NBC. That's why he made the comment.

rugrats1

Question
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2003, 03:45:02 AM »
And don't forget that Dateline also got preferential treatment -- sporting events that end after 7PM ET was usually followed by dateline in its 1-hour entirety, then Weakest Link in progress, just so they can show the movie on time at 9PM ET.

ChuckNet

Question
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 01:01:19 PM »
It would be nice for them to do that, if only to break the monontony of Anne's 75 or so episodes being run to death for the past eight months.

I don't think they're even running THAT many...aren't celeb shows reserved exclusively for Sun night? That would put the number of eps running in the weekday slot to somewhere around 45.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

uncamark

Question
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2003, 05:50:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tomarkenfan77\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 12:59 PM\']is GSN going to pick up the George's Weakest Link?[/quote]
Not until Pax goes out of business or their contract to air the syndie version runs out.

At least with GE buying Vivendi Universal and its cable network holdings, at least those of you with hostile feelings towards \"Fear Factor\" can rest assured that the off-network package will probably be going straight to USA Network and that GSN probably won't get a chance to bid for it.  But I could be wrong.

HSquares2003

Question
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2003, 08:12:21 PM »
The way GSN picked up the Robinson eps. before they cooled off makes me think that we will see the George eps. in Jan. 2004.

Ian Wallis

Question
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 08:50:27 AM »
at least those of you with hostile feelings towards \"Fear Factor\" can rest assured that the off-network package will probably be going straight to USA Network and that GSN probably won't get a chance to bid for it. But I could be wrong.

I hope GSN won't bid for \"Fear Factor\".  Although that's actually one of the few \"reality\" shows I like, I still don't really consider it a game show, and I don't think it belongs on GSN.  But that didn't stop them from adding \"Love Connection\"...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

Question
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 02:26:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 07:50 AM\']
at least those of you with hostile feelings towards "Fear Factor" can rest assured that the off-network package will probably be going straight to USA Network and that GSN probably won't get a chance to bid for it. But I could be wrong.

I hope GSN won't bid for "Fear Factor".  Although that's actually one of the few "reality" shows I like, I still don't really consider it a game show, and I don't think it belongs on GSN.  But that didn't stop them from adding "Love Connection"... [/quote]
 Who Dares Wins.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

catkins522

Question
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2003, 03:14:38 PM »
I want to see Suvivor again!

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Brandon Brooks

Question
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2003, 04:10:13 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 02:14 PM\'] I want to see Suvivor again!

Charles [/quote]
 Good for you, 'cause I sure don't.

Brandon Brooks

zachhoran

Question
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2003, 11:19:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 03:10 PM\'] [quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 02:14 PM\'] I want to see Suvivor again!

Charles [/quote]
Good for you, 'cause I sure don't.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 I think reruns of Survivor and some of these other \"game operas\" or whatever you want to call them will be part of The Reality Channel, which will premiere on some cable systems next year(and will probably experience slow growth over the next few subsequent years like GSN years). Whether the powers that be at The Reality Channel will include \"game shows\" in their reality show definition remains to be seen, but I doubt it.

uncamark

Question
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2003, 12:40:50 PM »
The actual name of the channel (last I heard) was Reality Central--and the guy who's starting it is actually having crews follow him around recording everything leading to the launch for a series for said channel, despite the failure of \"The Real Roseanne Show.\"